Simple annwer to this I hope.

Simple D-Link wireless connection from router to laptop. I wander
downstairs with laptop and all is well. Something happends, get
disconnected.

Moved location closer to router and the D-Link manager reads the
signal strength and link quality are now 100% but IE is unable to get
back on the web.

Tried refreshing the connection from within the D-Link manager, my
network icon says I'm connected at 22.0 Mbps. Re-booting fixes this
problem.

Question: Is there anyway to false the re-connection without
re-booting.
Many thanks for any help.

Might try disabling and re-enabling the wireless adapter. This would
force a re-authentication.

On 17 Nov 2004 07:01:39 -0800, bluewatercorvette@earthlink.net
(Roland) wrote:

>Simple D-Link wireless connection from router to laptop. I wander
>downstairs with laptop and all is well. Something happends, get
>disconnected.
>
>Moved location closer to router and the D-Link manager reads the
>signal strength and link quality are now 100% but IE is unable to get
>back on the web.
>
>Tried refreshing the connection from within the D-Link manager, my
>network icon says I'm connected at 22.0 Mbps. Re-booting fixes this
>problem.
>
>Question: Is there anyway to false the re-connection without
>re-booting.

What model D-Link? What version hardware? What version firmware?
What are you using in the laptop? What OS version?
Are you using WEP?
Numbers, not prose.

Kinda sounds like a D-Link DWL-900AP+, which does 22Mbits/sec.
If so, turn OFF the worthless 4x mode in the access point.

I'll assume Windoze XP on the laptop.
Start -> Run -> CMD
IPCONFIG
Do you still have a valid IP address? Or is it 169.254.xxx.xxx? Or
perhaps it's 0.0.0.0?

Next try:
IPCONFIG /release
IPCONEIG /renew
to kick start the DHCP client.

# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us

Thanks Airhead, worked perfectly... When taking the laptop downstairs,
found it was the microwave kicking it off. Having win2k, went into
control panel and under network connections, did as you said and
re-connected just fine. Thanks again...