How to tell if my Sony Dualshock 3 is genuine

jacob1001

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Hello,
i have just bought a sony dualshock 3 from ebay for $65
and think its fake, i found that sony computer enertainment is printed like this, Sony ComputerEnter tainment inc. it has the space which must be fake what do you think?

jacob1001

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
am im from australia, these dualshock 3''s cost $100 at the shops but i need to no if its genuine how can i send u pics to show u what it looks like?

Well, doing a google search on "ps3 controller cechzc2h" shows this is a hong kong model and appearantly they have/had issues with firmware 3.5. i don't know if it has been resolved.

"Complies with IDA standards" means it was probably built in singapore. In the USA it would have to comply with FCC standards.

It looks legitimate since it seems quite a few people have that controller. I don't know if controller works across different regions. Since they are all using bluetooth I would expect them to be the same, but I can't be 100% positive. Sorry. Hopefully someone else can provide an answer.

jacob1001

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
ohk thanks, would sony really print, sony computerenter tainment inc. like that with the space missing? and a space in between entertainment?

Interesting. I am sitting here looking at two of them and neither one has a gap, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a misprint. Okay, I just saw the pic and I can say that there is a lot more information on the label on the back of mine. As to whether or not it would work, the best way to find out would be to plug it in and try it.

jacob1001

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
What do you mean plug in and try, how will that tell me if its real or fake? i have played GTA 4 with it and it works fine, but as to the fake it will work with games. so how do i tell?

I really don't know in regards to a controller. I can say that I haven't heard of that kind of stuff being counterfeited though. I am assuming when you said you Paid $65, it was Australian Dollars, if so, I haven't done the math, but it would seem rather pricey still though. I bought my second one from Amazon.com for $39.95 USD which would still put it under $50 Australian Dollars I think. Did it come in the original Packaging?

jacob1001

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
I have a random question, how much to Apple Macbook Pro 15inch 2011 model cost of the street? cause they are $2000 here? how much there?

The biggest issue would be that it complied with the Australian standards for radio Frequency Emmision. As long as it doesn't interfere with other devices, then in all likelyhood it is in compliance. That is pretty much the case with all wireless devices.

TRENDING THREADS