D-3 "Always Run" ???

Yo all, in Doom 3 I am "in hell" and it is time to face the Gaurdian. But one
thing I noticed is how slow it is down there, I always must keep my left pinky
on the shift key to be almost as satisfied as in quake II ... I have looked through
the .cfg but cannot make any logic as to a speed setting ... is there any way to
speed it up permanently?

TIA all...

Alex
6 answers Last reply
More about always
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    seta in_alwaysRun "1"
    --
    pop is Mark
    Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.

    "AAvK" <ahem@notquite.net> wrote in message

    > Yo all, in Doom 3 I am "in hell" and it is time to face the Gaurdian. But
    > one
    > thing I noticed is how slow it is down there, I always must keep my left
    > pinky
    > on the shift key to be almost as satisfied as in quake II ... I have
    > looked through
    > the .cfg but cannot make any logic as to a speed setting ... is there any
    > way to
    > speed it up permanently?
    >
    > TIA all...
    >
    > Alex

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    > seta in_alwaysRun "1"
    > --

    I knew, tried setting it at "2" ... no joy.

    Alex
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    On 8/24/2005 5:33 AM pop brightened our day with:

    >seta in_alwaysRun "1"

    That only works in multiplayer. In Doom III single player sprinting is
    based on stamina, so if you were able to set always run you'd always be
    out of stamina and you wouldn't be running.
    In hell you have infinite stamina, so you can sprint as much as you
    like. I just keep the shift key down.

    --
    "I don't feel tardy"

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    > That only works in multiplayer. In Doom III single player sprinting is
    > based on stamina, so if you were able to set always run you'd always be out of stamina and you wouldn't be running.
    > In hell you have infinite stamina, so you can sprint as much as you like. I just keep the shift key down.
    >
    > --
    .... which isn't good enough, too tedious for me. I think id should do an update for it.

    Alex
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    * Inglo wrote:
    > On 8/24/2005 5:33 AM pop brightened our day with:
    >
    >>seta in_alwaysRun "1"
    >>
    > That only works in multiplayer. In Doom III single player sprinting is
    > based on stamina, so if you were able to set always run you'd always be
    > out of stamina and you wouldn't be running.
    > In hell you have infinite stamina, so you can sprint as much as you
    > like. I just keep the shift key down.

    I don't know about D3, but I have done lots of scripting in Half-Life,
    CS, CS:Source etc.

    In HL he could bind a key to a toggle alias by putting something like
    this at the end of his c:\program files\doom 3\base\doomconfig.cfg file:

    alias run_off "-_speed; bind SHIFT run_on"
    alias run_on "+_speed; bind SHIFT run_off"
    alias run_toggle run_off
    bind "SHIFT" run_toggle

    I am not sure about whether D3 has/accepts alias commands, I notice
    _speed is the command that's executed when I use shift, but doubt the
    above will work since I don't think +_speed etc will be recognised. I
    just posted the above to put some ideas in his head. The + and - are
    supposed to indicate key pressed down and up.

    Perhaps some enthusiastic D3 scripters could help him.

    --
    PiG$$
    current games : Counter-Strike:Source, Counter-Strike, Far Cry, Doom3

    yeah... Inglo was right - it only works in MP... bummer :)

    --

    >> seta in_alwaysRun "1"
    >> --
    >>
    > I knew, tried setting it at "2" ... no joy.
    >
    > Alex

Games Video Games