Intel 810e chipset

G

I just read a rather vague blurb in PC World about the Intel 810e chipset. Am I to understand that these have integrated graphics and do not support the installation of an aftermarket accelerated graphics card? Or does it vary with the PC manufacturer?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm trying to get some information on this as well. The only option for 810e owners is a PCI Video Card. For the current generation of 3D these are the only options that I have been able to discover.

Inno3D Geforce 2 MX PCI
Creative Labs 2 MX PCI (may or may not have been discontinued)
3DFX Voodoo5 5500 PCI (3DFX is no longer manufacturing video cards).
3DFX Voodoo4 4500 PCI (same)

ATI Technologies has the Radeon 32mb SDR PCI listed with a March 1 ETA at their online store.

In my other post I requested information from people with experience with any of these boards.

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
If you're thinking about buying a video card, don't even bother with the 810e, go with the 815e. Not only do you get an AGP slot, which will give you more options on video cards, it's also less of a hassle, because you won't have to go through the trouble of disabling the onboard video of the 810 (the 815 has an onboard video, but it is disabled as soon as you put an AGP card in). 815E motherboards aren't even that much more expensive, either. Especially if you get an Asus CUSL2-C which has no onboard sound or video and is cheaper than the regular CUSL2, which does.