Two Worlds II and PhysX

Hey everyone.

I recently picked up Two Worlds 2. Of course one of the very first things I did was check out all the options and I found that you could set PhysX. Initially it was greyed out for me as I had lent my GT240 to my gf, so I took it back (lol) and installed everything (newest NV drivers, PhysX, and the GenL V1.04ff patch). Tested with Fluid Mark and sure enough, GPU3 (the GT240) was being used for PhysX so all is well.

However, two things.

First, I can't open Nvidia control panel because my GPU isn't the main output. This must be something with the newer drivers because before I took the GT240 out it had no such problem. My only concern is that I needed to select the PhysX acceleration option and obviously can't now.

The other thing is that, while Two Worlds 2 now let me enable PhysX, I didn't notice any GPU usage. Now, I wish I had been a little more on the ball to check it, but after playing for a bit I checked Afterburner and noticed 0 GPU usage and iirc even the clocks were still at idle speeds.

I've been trying to google it but I have found absolutely nothing about hardware acceleration in Two Worlds 2 and basically I want to know if my GT240 is even doing anything. Next time I play I'll try to be a little more vigilant in checking if I have usage going on but in the mean time, maybe someone out there knows?

No, it works fine. I've already played through Metro 2033, Mirror's Edge, Batman, and Cryostasis with PhysX definitely working.

You can read about how to do it here if you want: http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/17706-hybrid-physx-mod-v1-03-v1-04ff.html

Corny

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
A console? Such heresy. You must get it for PC. It was meant for it but EA loves to ship games out to consoles to which it does not belong for an extra buck. sigh

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Yeah i think so.....two worlds 2 is better than DA:Origins

Too be very honest both the games have different settings and offer different type of gameplay....however i liked two worlds 2 more....and its background score is awesome....you can feel it while playing it. ;)

Yeah I know. I just didn't have a choice at the time. My old PC's 8600GT died while playing Dirt lol (this was a couple summers ago), so for the next year I didn't play PC games. I ended up buying a PS3 and a TV and just got a bunch of games for that until I built my current PC last May. So... yeah. When DA:O came out I didn't have a gaming PC.

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Lol :pt1cable: you've your signature here showing core i5 blah blah....why? :eek:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

so your current specs are these:-

Patriot Viper II Sector 5 RAM|CF Sapphire 5850 @ 870/1200|GT240 PhysX|X25M 80GB SSD|2x500GB Seagate 7200.12 RAID 0|Corsair 750TX|AuzenTech Bravura|Win 7 64bit|Sennheiser PC350|Samsung 24" 1080 :hello:

Plus what's listed in the CPUZ validator - Asus P7P55D Pro mobo, i5 750, 8gb RAM

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

okay....got it lol :D

betta buy a nvidia gpu then asking

if u talk abt me..i am still happy without physx ......i dont need that....

it only made me cry when i was playing gothic iii :D

xCaustin

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011

Made an account here just to post this:

I just wanted to let you know I am having the same problems with Two Worlds II and my dedicated PhysX card. I know it works because I get usage in Batman AA as well as when I run Fluidmark but I get nothing while playing Two Worlds II.

Thanks for letting me know! It seems the game is broken lol. I've checked it several times now, and not once has it shown any usage while playing TW2.

xCaustin

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
It sucks so bad too, I just got all that jazz working the right way and when I seen that this game had a whole separate setting category just for PhysX utilization, I was ecstatic.

I've posted in a few other forums so if I hear anything, i'll post back and you do the same if you figure something out!

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

That's mainly because Dragon Age and Two Worlds are completely different from each other. I personally didn't like two Worlds II as much as Dragon Age, although I did enjoy the city build mode.

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Whatever...i've played both the games and ....i liked two worlds2 more...its has more free-roam options then da:eek:rigins, wherein da:eek:rigins has easy map selection option....two worlds 2 doesnt.

two worlds2 a.i.(not always..its kinda buggy also) is smarter then da:eek:rigins.

two worlds2 has lot of campaigns where you get that spine chilling eerie feeling(especially tomb campaigns and dungeons)

tw2's graphics and lightening are much better then da:eek:rigins but da:eek: has better presentation...better voice actors and has team-work option(same as icewind dale or baldurs gate) ;)

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

thats nice :bounce: