Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cal of duty 1 and windows 7

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Windows 7
  • Call of Duty
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 12, 2011 2:41:06 AM

Hi there,i just found my copy of the first call of duty ever released,i installed it on my pc(windows 7 64bit) gaming pc..but it will not run and i get an error when i try to run it,this is what it says

A buffer overun has occurred that has corrupted the programmes internal state,the programme cannot continue execution

is this game just not compatible with W7???

More about : cal duty windows

February 12, 2011 3:18:06 AM

I had to update-patch the game to the latest version but it runs fine with Windows 7 32bit.
m
0
l
February 12, 2011 3:47:21 AM

ok thanks,i will check for the latest patches
m
0
l
Related resources
February 12, 2011 4:00:11 AM

rattman169 said:
I had to update-patch the game to the latest version but it runs fine with Windows 7 32bit.

i just installed the 1.2 and 1.5 multiplayer patch but i have the same problem..any idea"s..???
m
0
l
February 16, 2011 7:15:17 AM

mrclownface said:
Hi there,i just found my copy of the first call of duty ever released,i installed it on my pc(windows 7 64bit) gaming pc..but it will not run and i get an error when i try to run it,this is what it says

A buffer overun has occurred that has corrupted the programmes internal state,the programme cannot continue execution

is this game just not compatible with W7???

Right click on the application and click properties, compatibilty and choose windows xp in compatibility mode
m
0
l
February 17, 2011 1:36:38 AM

I didn't need to do compatibility mode, just installed 1.5 patch and it worked no problem. Just lucky, don't know but all the Call Of Duty games run.
m
0
l
February 17, 2011 4:36:36 AM

thelion4ever said:
Right click on the application and click properties, compatibilty and choose windows xp in compatibility mode

i tried that but i still get the same error,i think i will reinstall it and the 1.5 patch and try again,thanks for your help
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 10:14:47 AM

mrclownface said:
i tried that but i still get the same error,i think i will reinstall it and the 1.5 patch and try again,thanks for your help

HHmmmmmm...............i have the retail version and it works fine on my windows 7 in compatability mode.............good luck mate
m
0
l
a c 238 $ Windows 7
February 18, 2011 10:58:12 AM

I have CoD1, CoD2, and CoD:UO all installed on Win7 Ultimate x64 via steam and they all work fine as is. I think the others are right, you probably need the patches.
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 11:01:25 AM

i installed the 1.5 patch,and set the compatability to windows xp,but i still get the error.what patches did you install hawkeye22??
m
0
l
a c 238 $ Windows 7
February 18, 2011 11:06:16 AM

mrclownface said:
i installed the 1.5 patch,and set the compatability to windows xp,but i still get the error.what patches did you install hawkeye22??


Honestly, I'm not sure since steam automatically updates games for you. I'm sure it would be the most recent patch though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I assure you it can run on Win7.
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 11:34:59 AM

i appreciate the help thanx,call of duty 1 has no relation to steam,i purchased it in 2003,so it is not updated by steam i beleive,thanx again
m
0
l
a c 238 $ Windows 7
February 18, 2011 12:54:17 PM

mrclownface said:
i appreciate the help thanx,call of duty 1 has no relation to steam,i purchased it in 2003,so it is not updated by steam i beleive,thanx again


I know it came out in 2003, but I purchased it via steam a couple years ago, the CoD warchest, which included CoD1, CoD2, and CoD:UO. You can still get all of these games individually through steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2620/?snr=1_4_4__13

When purchased this way, it automatically updates. Of course the game is so old, that the first download of the game from steam should include all the patches already.

Since you purchased the game at retail, you need to download and install the patches manually. I think 1.5 is the newest and I'm not sure if it requires previous patches to be installed first.

http://www.fileplanet.com/137503/130000/fileinfo/Call-o...
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 11:27:12 PM

well you are certainly correct hawkeye,i looked at the steam store.and yes it is there.i have installed the 1.5 patch but still no luck,i will think it over,thanks again for your help
m
0
l
a c 238 $ Windows 7
February 21, 2011 10:54:54 AM

Does the game run for any period of time before crashing? If it does, try starting the game. once in game, open the task manager up and click on the "processes" tab. See if you can locate the CoD executable in the list and click once to highlight it. now right-click the entry in the list and select "affinity". Uncheck all cores except core 0 and click "ok".

Some older games have problems running on multicore machines. I don't see why CoD would work for me and others and not you though.
m
0
l
February 26, 2011 4:08:17 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
Does the game run for any period of time before crashing? If it does, try starting the game. once in game, open the task manager up and click on the "processes" tab. See if you can locate the CoD executable in the list and click once to highlight it. now right-click the entry in the list and select "affinity". Uncheck all cores except core 0 and click "ok".

Some older games have problems running on multicore machines. I don't see why CoD would work for me and others and not you though.

no the game does not run before crashing unfortunately,just a black screen then the error message
m
0
l
February 26, 2011 7:44:59 AM

The game is not running in my windows 7 even after latest updates! Can be a possibility that my game has error? is it possible
m
0
l
February 26, 2011 1:34:27 PM

Mrclownface, what version Cat driver are you using? Since you have a ATI card, take a look at the catalyst AI in CCC. Check or uncheck the box (can't remember which) and try to run the game again. I do know Cat 9.3 and 9.8 will run the game, many others don't.
m
0
l
March 5, 2011 10:23:08 AM

sdf said:
Mrclownface, what version Cat driver are you using? Since you have a ATI card, take a look at the catalyst AI in CCC. Check or uncheck the box (can't remember which) and try to run the game again. I do know Cat 9.3 and 9.8 will run the game, many others don't.

in my catalyst control centre it says...(CATALYST VERSION 11.2)...in the driver packaging version it says..(Driver Packaging Version 8.821-110126a-112964C-ATI)
m
0
l
January 14, 2013 10:51:36 AM

Hi. I know this is old but no doubt someone will be looking for this issue in the future.
I just installed UO on Win7 and it runs fine. The most up to date patch is 1.51 not 1.5.
If you install 1.51 you don't need the other patches. If you have had trouble running it before installing the 1.51 patch i would uninstall/reinstall and run the patch 1.51 before playing.
I know it's obvious but you do need to 'Run as Admin).
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 12:55:24 PM

you will need to run the game with admin privs... as jack has pointed out. this should solve most erros after patching.
it works well on both win 7 32 and 64. you can still play online i think... not played in years but the community still exists. i know cod 2 is still played by a lot of people as is cod 4.

m
0
l
January 16, 2013 12:19:17 PM

call of duty 1 is very old game and you use 64 bit you will surely cant play it. it only can played by patchin it, change to win 32 or use crack or patch in internet. i used win 32 and it always work on any year game.
m
0
l
!