Sign in with
Your question

Crysis 2

Last response: in Video Games
February 12, 2011 6:15:56 AM

Hey guys, guess you ave all heard or might have heard that Crysis 2 has leaked off from the network. This is just too much !
Poor Crytek is totally disappointed. The leaked version includes the entire Single Player and Multiplayer campaign. Furthermore, the leaked version even contains the master key. This is just TOO MUCH DONE BY PIRATES!!

Further info here

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/crysis-2-full-game-l...

More about : crysis

February 12, 2011 8:00:32 AM

Did you manage to try it?
:) 
February 12, 2011 8:32:16 AM

No way, I would rather buy rather than download it, besides wouldn't that what Crytek want us to do ? :) 

Crytek has done a lot in order to help almost all the PC gamer out there
Related resources
February 12, 2011 8:39:16 AM

:( 
February 12, 2011 8:41:08 AM

Why the sad face?
February 12, 2011 8:42:05 AM

And people promoting this as a "good thing" in other threads might find themselves on the wrong end of a sanction, alyoshka take note.
February 12, 2011 8:42:20 AM

Cos then we both have to wait till march.....
February 12, 2011 8:44:51 AM

Not , I repeat Not Promoting it as a good thing.... at all........
Just sad that such a mess up has happened and yet we haven't had a single peek at any of the benches on new hardware released this year......
It could help a lot of people decide on what to look for when they end up buyng the new stuff they'd been waiting to buy for the past 6 months....
February 12, 2011 8:46:25 AM

@alyoska

True, True, but best if we all just wait
February 17, 2011 12:43:56 AM

hopefully people wont pirate it, i for one am buying the game. its things like this that are going to cause us to just get more consol ports. and whose to blame them if thats what they do with Crysis 3-4 etc
February 18, 2011 10:23:07 AM

Crysis is a trilogy right ? Crytek says that they would release Crysis 3 only if the sales for Crysis 2 goes great. They said that the story script has already been made
February 20, 2011 9:16:46 PM

Yep, I'm buying as well.
February 21, 2011 2:08:07 PM

Seems my thread doesn't have much replies yet. Hoping you guys could provide some views and opinions.
February 22, 2011 7:06:56 AM

computer PC games are doomed
February 22, 2011 8:35:16 AM

Well we will suffer soon with an evitable realization that PC games will become exstinct, So well done pirates i wonder what you will pirate when there is nothing left.
February 22, 2011 9:09:32 AM

What a load of nonsense, they still make plenty of money from PC games, and the market will not die over piracy. The people who pirate now would've pirated at release otherwise, it's not making a difference that it's leaked now - in fact it has just given them a lot of publicity, a few benchmarks showing greater efficiency, some more positive word of mouth - I doubt it'll damage their business in any way. I've always concluded that Piracy does very little to harm business, especially with larger companies vs indie devs. Many people who pirate wouldn't have bought the game in the first place, and I'd say more than a few then go and buy the game to offer support to the devs. There's very little malicious conduct with piracy, just a lot of hysterical sensationalism around nothing.
February 23, 2011 2:30:21 AM

marquis said:
computer PC games are doomed

your kidding right?
February 23, 2011 3:47:26 AM

AGPC said:
your kidding right?

I would not say PC games are "doomed" more on the lines of how long we will wait for our platform of games instead we will get "Hand me downs" from Xbox, PS3 etc. I think the problem is devs see how no one really buys games like they used to so thanks to piracy there is a draw back in producing games. Yes many games have been released etc but most are cracked now so why buy it when you can get it from your friend then the companies that made the game run at a loss due to you the consumer not purchasing, in essence they get hurt financially by the magnitude of people supporting piracy, and i hate ported games simply to how bad the detail in the games are when i know my PC can handle more such as bad company 2.

So what i think is maybe if people bought the game instead of the free pirated edition the games would flow like water again from all the devs, but hey we must just carry on till all we have is card games on our PC :bounce: 
March 1, 2011 4:56:59 AM

Crysis 2 multiplayer demo is out now !
March 1, 2011 5:00:19 AM

Funny thing about Crysis 2 is that it has huge number of trailers !!
If you look at Batman Arkham City, 2 trailers have only been released!
March 1, 2011 5:03:17 AM

I think that we're closer to the end of pirating than we are to any kind of end to PC gaming. Sales are getting stronger and pirating is getting weaker. I do think it will become more niche though
March 1, 2011 5:08:52 AM

timmygrover said:
I think that we're closer to the end of pirating than we are to any kind of end to PC gaming. Sales are getting stronger and pirating is getting weaker. I do think it will become more niche though

Well they pushed out quite a few games so far with more coming within the year but naturally they get pirated.I just hope this pirating story comes to an abrupt end and that the devs can quit making all these insane restrictions so when we buy an expensive game we can actually play it.
March 3, 2011 1:41:05 PM

Crysis 2 news

Crysis 2 is said to have no DX 11 nor DX 10. Its only the 6 year old DX 9. Crytek revealed that they will include the DX 11 part on the patch that they would release after the release of the game in March 25
March 3, 2011 3:14:46 PM

Gman450 said:
Crysis 2 news

Crysis 2 is said to have no DX 11 nor DX 10. Its only the 6 year old DX 9. Crytek revealed that they will include the DX 11 part on the patch that they would release after the release of the game in March 25

Utter bullshit, that's only a rumor from some Swedish website, Crytek did not say this at all.
I'll wait for some official word about this, I doubt it's true.
March 4, 2011 2:59:18 PM

@darkchazz

I hope too buddy...
March 14, 2011 8:20:36 AM

I absolutely agree that the sales of Crysis 2 are going to be way up then they actually expect, since most of us love the game and want the full version with all the eye candy. We are all going to end up buying it just to support Crytek if not anything else.
Yeah, the leaked version supports Direct X9 only. But certainly touches max settings....
Those who are going to Pirate it are already doing it, and those who are going to pirate it and then buy the original will also be doing the same.....
Most of us have even gone and bought cards (GPUs) in anticipation of this game...
I really doubt the leak is going to negatively effect sales.....
The legal demo's have done more harm than good to the sales actually.....
March 14, 2011 3:08:53 PM

BTW , has anyone tried out the demo for Crysis 2 ? I heard it had some problems...
I'm downloading it right now.
March 15, 2011 1:00:03 AM

yes i played it, its decently fun but a bit depressing. the graphics arnt that good and it feels just like a consol port.
March 15, 2011 8:27:28 AM

@CrysisComa: Your right about that

Alright, I downloaded the demo.... and its really really laggy!!!
I just get 12-18 FPS !!!!
The games is really unplayable .

Does anybody here knows some tweaks for Crysis 2. How can I disable the shadows and motion blur?
March 26, 2011 11:47:19 AM

Ok, so I bought the Crysis 2 game, and I really like it. Any one of you guys bought the game ? I did a lot of tweaking ( well, just a few commands to disable the motion blur and shadows. Now I get like 16-25 FPS. That is great news for me though.

You guys tried the game yet ?
March 27, 2011 2:10:11 AM

I bought it as well direct from EA. Loving it so far. I am running a Dual Core E8400 at 4ghz with a HD 5870 and 4 gigs of ram and it runs well so far on extreme graphics settings. I will see what happens once the game gets busier though with more enemys on screen.
March 27, 2011 2:41:06 AM

The motion blur gets to me real bad.
March 27, 2011 6:57:52 AM

plznote said:
The motion blur gets to me real bad.

Motion Blur is really irritating. It was much better in Crysis 1 than Crysis 2.
You can disable motion blur from the desktop shortcut. All you need to do is rigt click and then go to properties. Then click on the Shortcut tab, and in the 'Target' box , add the command +r_MotionBlur=0.

In my case, it is
"D:\Crysis 2\bin32\Crysis2.exe" +r_MotionBlur=0
March 27, 2011 1:59:30 PM

I am playing with hardcore settings and having average 20FPS and playable.. my rig is dual core E5700, 4GB DDR2, GT430 1GB.. 1360x768..
March 27, 2011 6:54:57 PM

Gman450 said:
Motion Blur is really irritating. It was much better in Crysis 1 than Crysis 2.
You can disable motion blur from the desktop shortcut. All you need to do is rigt click and then go to properties. Then click on the Shortcut tab, and in the 'Target' box , add the command +r_MotionBlur=0.

In my case, it is
"D:\Crysis 2\bin32\Crysis2.exe" +r_MotionBlur=0

Ta v.much, you're a diamond! ;) 
April 7, 2011 4:35:41 AM

Mine's doing 20-25FPS hardcore, 1920x 1080......Using a 5750 with a 5770Bios....
Very playable and still enjoying it for the 3rd time....
April 8, 2011 12:51:53 PM

Well i get 34 - 39 fps on advanced settings at my resolution of 1920x1080, Playing again my second time now and enjoying it reminds me alot about BFBC2
April 10, 2011 12:54:17 PM

Gman450 said:
But that was posted last month. Cry-Tom himself said that the patch is going to be released.

http://www.kitguru.net/software/gaming/carl/gamers-weep...
This was posted lat month on 28th march. and the link which I gave,

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=222...
was posted a few days ago, on 8th April.

As the people who said there wasn't going to be a patch now say that there will be a patch, I'll wait until I see the patch. This reminds me of the dual GPU GTX460/470 that was pictured and talked about but never turned up.
April 10, 2011 2:44:08 PM

Good point.
April 10, 2011 3:03:24 PM

I also can't help but wonder if a patch will give the game all the DX11 goodness as I would have thought that it would've have been DX11 from the get go but as I'm not a programmer I'm only guessing.
April 10, 2011 3:18:35 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I also can't help but wonder if a patch will give the game all the DX11 goodness as I would have thought that it would've have been DX11 from the get go but as I'm not a programmer I'm only guessing.

That is true, working on a game that was already shipped DX9 and working on it as a DX11 game seems a bit too much. This could take a lot of time.
April 10, 2011 3:28:22 PM

Gman450 said:
That is true, working on a game that was already shipped DX9 and working on it as a DX11 game seems a bit too much. This could take a lot of time.

Indeed, I don't know if it can even be done but either way it seems an odd thing to do considering the amount of money and time that has already been spent on it.
April 10, 2011 4:54:37 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Indeed, I don't know if it can even be done but either way it seems an odd thing to do considering the amount of money and time that has already been spent on it.

Absolutely true!
They already spent a lot of time. They should have just shipped it DX11 at first itself ! Then they would never have had to spend more of their time.
April 11, 2011 5:19:27 AM

If you look how the game is already ask yourself does it really need DX11?, I mean all it will do is probably enhance the ground by bringing out the broken buildings and stones, and although thats noticeable in most games i doubt you will sit and admire it as the aim of the game is to play it being a fast paced game, For me it looks perfect even without DX11
!