Status
Not open for further replies.

pcgamer31

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
I was thinking about building a PC entirely for gaming (I already have a MacBook for internet/word processing) and I didn't know if it was worth it or not. I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 at the moment, and I am pretty much satisfied with their game library. The only PC exclusives I am interested in are The Witcher 1/2, Crysis, and MMORPG's such as Star Wars The Old Republic/WoW/Dark Age of Camelot. I would play some games that are better on PC such as Bioshock, Doom and any other FPS but I don't know how I would adapt to the controls on PC. I also already have Oblivion and Morrowind but I was thinking about playing them on the PC for mods. I am really looking forward to the Elder Scrolls 5 but after hearing Bethesda say it is pretty much the same on all three platforms, I am wondering if building a PC is worth it. I have about $500 dollars saved up and will need to save up more if I am going to build a PC. I don't know how to build one, but I can learn. If I already have a PS3 and Xbox 360, is building a PC entirely for gaming worth it if all the games I want, save a few, are on console? I do prefer good graphics and I don't know how I would adapt to mouse/keyboard controls.
Any feedback/help is appreciated

actually its quite decent, but only worth it if u invest in a good lcd flat planet tv display, and second i refuse to pay 70 dollars for a console game, thats just bank robbery,

ya pc gaming is the bomb, ive tried to stray away but i just cant live without my games, well i can but id prefer to keep it that way

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Pc gaming is where its at man. While 95% of the games released today are multiplatform. The experience is just not the same. Not only are the PC versions graphically superior and run smoother they cost cheaper too specially when Steam runs a discount, console gaming looks expensive. Not to mention games like:

Oblivion, Dragon age origins, Left 4 dead 2, Fall out 3 (and many others) while these are present on the consoles the experience is totally different due to Mods alone.

Whats more with PC people can actually build a library of games very quickly and cheaply over time. I have personally been a PC gamer since 1995, i have 100's of games in my collection, Steam alone having 120 games. Recently i played:

Max payne 2, Dungeon keeper 2 from my old library.

This is something not possible on console, people end up buying 1000's of USDs worth of games over a generation, only to not be able to play them next generation. Cant blame the console makers too, they are a business they would rather like customers to go out buy new games then to be able to play old games on the new platform. With the new trend to charnge for old remakes i see BC going the way of the DODO even with the next consoles.

Imo console gaming in the long run is a costly affair.

I prefer playing PC games to console games.

1. I like strategy games and there are hardly any on consoles.

2. The type of space sims I play are only released on PC. Primary the "X series". X3 - Reunion was being developed for the Xbox 360, but due to many constraints the size of the universe and gameplay options had to be reduced. Eventually the project was simply terminated due to too many limitations.

3. I prefer keyboard & mouse controls to gamepads.

4. A PC can do more than just play Blu-Rays and games. But it will cost more than a console.

PC gaming is definitely a step above the console. Plus you can upgrade a PC to keep up with the latest tech. The console's hardware is fixed at a point in time. It has the most capability you'll ever have with it the day you buy it. As a result, if you want something better, you have to buy a new console. I would argue, in the long run, it's cheaper to buy and evolve a PC than it is to keep buying and buying the latest consoles.

These days, you can even attach a souped-up PC to a tv set which can serve many different puposes (gaming, streaming media server, web browser, blu-ray player, etc...).

I guess one drawback of the PC gaming experience is even though you can play multiplayer over the internet, it's primarily geared toward a single user, whereas gaming on the console has many titles geared toward up to four players in the same room interacting on the same screen with one piece of hardware. This is the only place I can think of where the PC gaming experience falls short.

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

One famous line:- The day when PC Gaming will die...i will stop playing games, never had console, it never would be. :pfff:

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
If you've got the dough then go for it. Basically, PC Gaming is much prettier and controls are top notch (especially for shooters). That said, PC gaming is a bit more technical so if you do the jump from console to PC, make sure you understand what you're getting into (change settings on every game, measuring FPS, degragmenting, updating drivers frequently, etc).

once you've figured out everything though, the experience is MUCH better.

Hirachi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

Thats because the game used two main DX11 features that would require a lot of power.

timmygrover

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
PC gamers tend to think that they need the super high-end crap they advertise on new egg. I game on a laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of ddr3, HD 4650 video card. I bought it on ebay for 300 bucks and it plays Mass Effect 2 at high settings with no lag. Granted I probably can't expect the same performance on some games, but I'm happy with what I've got. PC games are cheap, plentiful, and you don't have to worry about them becoming unplayable when the next system comes out. Overall, if you can get over the idea that you need some super expensive system to power your games, PC gaming is totally top-notch

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

I dont care what people they say and what i am going to lose(money)
but its a tradition for me or others who are like me to upgrade system time to time just keep pc gaming alive.
Be it any reason or any single game, i always try to cut down my expenses and upgrade my pc.
And i would say we all "PC Gamer" should keep this tradition alive.

CONSOLE Gamers they are restricted to 30fps but we arent and that makes us different.....i call this "Gaming at the fullest, doesnt matter even if you lose something". :bounce:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Lol when this game was out that time i had a small 14inches outdated(1999) monitor and i played it on that (lol :D ) and it was pretty smooth..no lags not even once :lol:

even still i dont have a huge monitor, i bought 18" inches monitor and i am satisfied that my GPU is good enough to run 95% games in highest settings..except 1 or two games lol :D :lol:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

i've tried hd 3850 and 5,6 other gpu's as well and bet you can see the difference if you use higher end next generation cards.

i dont know how much you keep from your monitor but the way my PC is positioned its hardly 15-25inches away from my face and 18inches monitor is more than enuff for this position to show you the difference.

btw 3850 sucks.. :pfff:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Okay but one thing to say, that is ............you're not good in bragging..

do you even know what "vsync does"??

read this article

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249928-33-vsync-vsync-roll

and getting 300fps on full hd ....is almost next to impossible even if you bring either 5970 or 6970 ...lol :lol:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

do i look or sound like one of them :sarcastic:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

then open your tiny little eyes and see things thoroughly or if you have extremely big eyes like a toad then go for sight correction,,,,you might see things clearly.. :bounce:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Me a small minded guy...wow...thanks for letting me know and just check my posted comments first then read them carefully and check your above posted comment and then let me know who was being sarcastic...

Me a small minded guy wowx100000000 :non:

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Stop being sarcastic and virus will go away itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.