cheap sites

G

Does anyone know any cheap online sites to buy hardware, like pricewatch?

bsprawka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I like www.mwave.com. they are not the cheapest but they are pretty close. they also have pretty good service, relatively. I have tried buying from the cheapest place on pricewatch and been screwed many a time. You can check resellerratings for seller ratings.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Good idea; check Pricewatch, then check Reseller Ratings.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

If ur in canada
check out
www.powersonic.bc.ca

they have the cheapest parts ive seen
but..
Not for processors and memory
cheapest ive ever seen locally and stuff
is
www.simmtec.com, there page is badly outdated on prices but call them and i guarantee u will get lowest
example my 800 duron was like $119 when at the time cheapest oem anywhere was $200+
=)

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I too have found Mwave.com very reasonable in price, and very good in service (based on my ONE major purchase from them). Mwave.com also seems to have a larger selection then most sites.

You can find components at lower prices if you are willing to buy each one from a different vendor, but then anything you save gets eaten in shipping costs. Getting many components at once from a single vendor keeps the shipping costs as low as possible.

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Arrow,

Why do you push NCIX in your signature? Are you an owner? Do you get commission?

Arrow, I visited the site, and found them to be priced about 80% above most other sites! $253 for an ABIT KT7-RAID? Reality - $138. AMD T-Bird 900 at $249! That's $60 more then an Intel P3-800. Reality - about $140. I saw no need to look any further.

Why would you want to send people to that site?

G

There's always Mysimon.com or Pricescan.com, but they are a bit behind in the times. Pricewatch is usually the best (correctness) for current prices.

-Dman7

"Do they have these where you come from?"

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
buy.com has pretty cheap prices. Usually they're about $20 more than the smaller retailers, but they have free shipping promos once in a while. I bought my monitor from them..it was nice not to pay a $60 shipping charge.

~Crapple0

"intel inside, idiot outside"