HDTV when???????

G

It seems with the downturn in computer sales... There is no reason for me or anyone else with a half decent computer at present to buy a new computer... That the electronics industry would get the HDTV standards set in stone and start really sellling them and making money. I have been wanting to buy one for several years but I dont want to buy a betamax, I want a VHS if you get my drift. The fact that they have not got it together just astounds me. Any ideas why this is happening and predictions on when it will end?
lherfel2@NOSPAMhome.com

dhlucke

Polypheme
This one I know.

Basically the HDTV standards and timetable have been set as of 3 or 4 years ago at least. Why don't you know about them? Well, then you wouldn't go out and waste your money on a analog TV.

They've started airing HDTV shows and selling HDTV's and HDTV compatible TV's. By 2005 or so, all TV will be switched over and analog TVs will be obsolete. Some of the newer digital TV's will be upgradable with a HDTV box, but not all. It's not that they haven't gotten their act together, it's that they don't want you to not buy a TV now. Some people will get screwed because of this, but oh well.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>