when starting installation the
apple sign shows a block(stop)
over the apple sign .
Main board ga-870a-ud3
cpu 965 3.2ghz
hdd WD 500 SATA
7 answers Last reply
More about installation failed
  1. I've never heard of anyone trying to install OSX on AMD hardware. Apart from the legal issues of installing Mac software on non-apple hardware, I think it would require at least INTEL based hardware.
  2. It can be done, just Google for it, there are many guides around the web that can tell you how to do it.
  3. I think you'll find 10.2 (Jaguar) was build for PowerPC not Intel/AMD.
  4. Yep. You need 10.4.4 or later to support Intel-type processors (and not every 10.4.4+ disk will work). Even then, installation on AMD is much more difficult than Intel.

If you want to do this sort of thing you need to be prepared to do a lot of research yourself as every system is different. Don't expect to get all the answers just by posting on a general forum.
  5. Wow, now I know how hard it is to install Mac OS. :/
  6. It's easy. First select your Mac computer ....

I look at it this way. You buy a Ford, but you don't like the engine, so you want to put a Chevy engine in. If you're clever that's probably fairly easy. That's an Intel PC.

You buy a Toyota Prius, but you don't like the engine, so you want to put a Chevy engine in. Good luck with that. That's an AMD PC.

(Chevy say "You can't put our engine in another car" - you can ignore that.)
  7. So, its hard a little on AMD pc. Hmm, nah, I just stick to Windows. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Mac Os AMD Apple Mac OS X