Sign in with
Your question

Crysis 2 leaked

Last response: in Video Games
February 13, 2011 5:30:19 AM

Guys i recently checked EA websites and they are saying that crysis2 is leaked.I checked piratebay and indeed it has been leaked.
Quote:
The illegal build of Crysis 2 allegedly contains the full PC game, as well as full multiplayer functionality and has been leaked a full 49 days ahead of release.

Most worrying of all, the leak apparently contains the SolidShield master key for online authentication, potentially creating an even larger security problem for Crytek and Electronic Arts.

More about : crysis leaked

February 13, 2011 5:47:32 AM

interesting, i never play leaked games, one theyre illegal and 2 have full of bugs, its better to be patient and play a polished finish game instead a pile of flamming bugs in a video game, which can be highly irratating
m
l
February 13, 2011 6:12:28 AM

They should have released the pc demo instead they released xbox demo.I was thinking of downloading it.It is very tempting.
m
l
Related resources
February 13, 2011 8:27:16 PM

lol.....bad for crytek.
m
l
February 14, 2011 12:36:55 AM

This forum does not support cracked or leaked software from pirate bay!pirate bay is a virus waiting to happen!
m
l
February 14, 2011 2:55:55 AM

no comment, piratebay is a good site, but id not gonna say i approve of it, since its illegal and still standing , even with full of threats and legal threats, its still not gonna die ,
m
l
February 14, 2011 4:06:42 AM

TPB is one of the best torrent sites which is present in worldwide web who actually deletes all the virus containing and fake torrents instantly when someone uploads anything crap...though supporting TPB is supporting piracy..so i'll keep my mouth shut here :p 
m
l
February 14, 2011 5:11:34 AM

Damn, this would hurt the sales of Crysis 2 even if it was good or bad. This really doesn't put a positive light for Crytek when it comes to PC games for them.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if they came out with Console exclusive games.

m
l
February 14, 2011 5:54:48 AM

Crap like this is not good for the PC gaming industry. In the end, we all suffer because of it. Once the publishers decide that it's just not worth the trouble anymore, there'll BE no more PC games to pirate.
m
l
February 14, 2011 8:22:56 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Crap like this is not good for the PC gaming industry. In the end, we all suffer because of it. Once the publishers decide that it's just not worth the trouble anymore, there'll BE no more PC games to pirate.

Piracy post retail, is already an accepted event that would happen one way or the other. Some of the games that I've seen that have withstood being duplicated are StarForce protected games. Everything else would usually be pirated, crippled or not.

This on the other hand is a whole other much more terrible scenario, as they would probably lost sales to people who just wanted to try the game.
m
l
February 14, 2011 8:46:22 AM

From what I've gleaned whilst surfing the interwebs it would seem that this is a dev build that will only work on 64 bit and has no audio and needs the right switch in the startup .exe and even then it's not as smooth as you would expect a final build to be.
m
l
February 14, 2011 2:18:52 PM

meh, wait to buy the actual game, with a patch coming out sooner or later, that will be better quality, somethimes copying games, u get more bugs, and less good performance,
m
l
February 14, 2011 2:54:35 PM

Herr_Koos said:

+1

Everytime i see these things I can't help but to worry about the next installment. Crysis 3 exclusively to consoles? Well, lets see how much damage/impact this little affairs has on sales.

Crytek was a huge PC company and was all about PC Gaming. I wonder if they'll still be loving the PC platform after this. :( 

Probably not...
m
l
February 14, 2011 3:13:22 PM

When consoles will becomes more popular than pc, piracy will attack consoles .Frankly in present days pc is still the major platform when it comes to games.Consoles gaming is generally done in US and Europe.Most people living in Middle east,S.america,africa,sub-continent plays pc games.Anyways pirated xbox games are easily available in piratebay.Only PS3 games are not easily available.
m
l
February 14, 2011 3:27:05 PM

Crysis 1 was originally PC only but was pirated so bad that the company decided that they could not afford to do PC only. Pirating PC games hurts the PC industry and the war against the consoles. PC users unite and stand up against PC Piracy and consoles...because FPS suck on consoles (keyboard+mouse 4 life!).
m
l
February 14, 2011 3:51:10 PM

Even cod games are pirated like hell but still activation makes billions.BECOZ there games are really good and worth buying.Most pc games suck and overpriced. No wonder they are pirated.Make good games,get rid of all DRM nonsense,release a proper demo, reduce the prices of games and see how people start buying games instead of pirating.As long as they will refuse to follow those simple steps piracy will grow.
m
l
February 14, 2011 3:55:00 PM

I can wait 49 more days.
m
l
February 15, 2011 4:42:16 PM

I saw crysis 2 and It does not look much better then crysis 1. I just hope they don't use steam as DRM.
m
l
February 15, 2011 8:21:40 PM

I just wonder if Crytek will get the millions back that they paid for the DRM since it was defeated even before the game was released -- seems like a pretty big waste of $ to pay a third party company that kind of money for security that gets broken before the game is even released. If they'd spend that money developing better games or reducing the price of the games they'd get better return on their investment.
m
l
February 15, 2011 9:43:37 PM

I foresee a rather large delay to get everything fixed, along with further accusations on pc gaming and it's state on the pc.
I just wonder if they'll catch the one who leaked it in the first place, can't trust their own employee's...
m
l
February 16, 2011 3:36:36 AM

Ok i just downloaded the game.Game is very polished even in this alpha stage.Runs super smooth in my pc very high setting.I have 5850.Graphics wise looks on par with crysis but it is not better.There are lots of low res texture here and there.But most people will fail to notice it.I will keep you guys updated if i find anything interesting.Donot worry crytex, i will still buy it to play that kickass MP.
m
l
February 16, 2011 4:39:00 AM

Pc Guru_07 said:
Ok i just downloaded the game.Game is very polished even in this alpha stage.Runs super smooth in my pc very high setting.I have 5850.Graphics wise looks on par with crysis but it is not better.There are lots of low res texture here and there.But most people will fail to notice it.I will keep you guys updated if i find anything interesting.Donot worry crytex, i will still buy it to play that kickass MP.

I don't think this was a good idea.. Posting it here was an even worse idea. You are just encouraging more people to try the pirated version. :pfff: 
m
l
February 16, 2011 4:53:57 AM

Crytek shan't give up pc platform cuz console game cracking isnt tough for hackers...

depends how good you are....

one piece of advice:- do whatever piracy and pirates would follow you everywhere...so keep the pc versions also...(cuz i dont wanna see pc gaming dying)
m
l
February 16, 2011 7:23:50 AM

AH HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

in one sense this is COMPLETELY hiliarious , and in another it's not ...

for starters the joke is on everyone who enjoys playing PC games that aren't MMO , or tethered to the interent .... enjoy your free copy of crysis 2 .... because you can completely bet the farm that they will NEVER make another one for the PC .. lol it's funny reading how glee full people are to be downloading the game .. Hey who doesn't love to save money right ? i'm betting that over the next few days game stop gets ALOT of phone calls to cancle the pre orders ....

On a more sad note , i feel bad for crytech .. They put alot of time into the development of crysis 2 , in the hopes that with better DRM they might be able to make some real money off of their work in the PC section ... they would have been super rich with the first crysis if everyone and their mother hadn't downloaded it ...

In a way they deserve whats happening to them .... crytech SHOULD have learned from their first experince with computer piracy and NOT made anymore games for the PC ... but instead they actually bought the B/S arguments coming from faceless namless people on message boards saying that if only given the chance PC gamers would actually buy and support their product if they made a sequal , in that sense the joke is on crytek ..

Let this be a lesson to every other AAA publisher , you make games for the PC market , you get stabbed in the back .
m
l
February 16, 2011 7:51:37 AM

Why on earth crytex is blaming the pc community when some morons working in there office leaked the game.
m
l
February 16, 2011 8:04:43 AM

Pc Guru_07 said:
Why on earth crytex is blaming the pc community when some morons working in there office leaked the game.

Yes correct pc community has got nothing to do with this... :fou: 

Its someone from their office only who leaked out its beta version. :pfff: 

There are lot of pirated xbox360/ps3 games also available in the market/net, does it means that they should stop making games for xbox or ps3

mode-chipping isnt difficult for hackers baby... :??: 

pity for those who play games on consoles @30fps

and games they lag also...no upgrade

thank god atleast we have upgrade options :hello: 
m
l
February 16, 2011 8:14:38 AM

marquis said:

for starters the joke is on everyone who enjoys playing PC games that aren't MMO , or tethered to the interent .... enjoy your free copy of crysis 2 .... because you can completely bet the farm that they will NEVER make another one for the PC .. lol it's funny reading how glee full people are to be downloading the game .. Hey who doesn't love to save money right ? i'm betting that over the next few days game stop gets ALOT of phone calls to cancle the pre orders ....

On a more sad note , i feel bad for crytech .. They put alot of time into the development of crysis 2 , in the hopes that with better DRM they might be able to make some real money off of their work in the PC section ... they would have been super rich with the first crysis if everyone and their mother hadn't downloaded it ...

In a way they deserve whats happening to them .... crytech SHOULD have learned from their first experince with computer piracy and NOT made anymore games for the PC ... but instead they actually bought the B/S arguments coming from faceless namless people on message boards saying that if only given the chance PC gamers would actually buy and support their product if they made a sequal , in that sense the joke is on crytek ..

Let this be a lesson to every other AAA publisher , you make games for the PC market , you get stabbed in the back .

PC Game piracy is in greater number cuz most of us own pc....very less number of people own consoles(mostly kids). :lol: 

ratio is not even comparable.....so laughing at pc gaming makes no sense to me... :fou:  :non: 

if you think developers arent developing games for pc because of piracy then you're wrong, games which arent available on pc they are either xbox360 or ps3 exclusives(paid by the console mfg)..80% of them arent available on both of the platforms, if its not for PC.

Everyone knows gaming experience is much better in PC(Should have decent configuration)..because GPU Mfg wont let it die just like that...and most of the PC Gamers are mature people who are in their adolescence or adult already. :sol: 

even on this ...there are lot of people who actually buy games (mostly via steam so they can get it at reasonable price) and play online also. :wahoo: 
m
l
February 16, 2011 1:30:46 PM

marquis said:

Because Crysis 1 sucked. It didn't have an interesting story, gameplay flow was a bit boring, the twist was weird, and you it really didn't have something that you'd remember for a long time.

Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. Game titles that sold on the PC and made a lot of money.

Steam made approximately $970 MILLION dollars on 2010 - http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=12732

That doesn't include other digital distribution service providers and retail sales.

Anyone who thinks that there isn't any money to be made on the PC is a moron, as it has been proven by game series such as DA, ME, COD, Battlefield, NFS, etc, that there is still a lot of money to be made. Consoles probably also get pirated as much, it probably just so happens that there are a lot more consoles.
m
l
February 16, 2011 1:57:22 PM

A crap load of game of the year awards disagree with your opinion of the first one.

m
l
February 16, 2011 2:02:19 PM

The game is said to be a developer leak. Oh HO! Looks like someone is going to get fired !!!
m
l
February 17, 2011 8:47:11 AM

benski said:
A crap load of game of the year awards disagree with your opinion of the first one.

I haven't seen the "crap load of game of the year awards" that you speak of.

It may have had positive reviews, but it didn't provide the impact compared to other games such as COD4:MW and Bioshock.
m
l
February 17, 2011 10:33:45 AM

amnotanoobie said:

It may have had positive reviews, but it didn't provide the impact compared to other games such as COD4:MW and Bioshock.

It did get called game of the year during 2007 and 2008 I believe. The game was great, and I could easily say Bioshock didn't have a large impact that you seem to say it did. The story was it's only real problem, but Warhead managed to be more likeable then the original. Personally, I liked Warhead more.
m
l
February 17, 2011 12:05:42 PM

dalta centauri said:
It did get called game of the year during 2007 and 2008 I believe. The game was great, and I could easily say Bioshock didn't have a large impact that you seem to say it did. The story was it's only real problem, but Warhead managed to be more likeable then the original. Personally, I liked Warhead more.

Due to me being such a lazy ass (or its just hard to scour each and every game site):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis - Only PC Gamer indicated it as a Game of the Year, Gamespot just indicated it as a Shooter of the Year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_the_Year - No Crysis in site.

It may have had positive scores all around (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/crysis) but most people would just probably remember its graphics, rather than its other aspects.

Here's to hoping that Crysis 2 would be a whole lot better and much more memorable.
m
l
February 17, 2011 12:40:21 PM

I read it and noticed that most of the awards are given out to multi-platform or console exclusive games. That may have been the biggest reason Crysis wasn't on the list. Portal in it's own right deserved it (Although the orange box actually made more sense, since it included the whole package.) Other games were listed as Super Mario Galaxy (Wii exclusive), MW (A multi-platform), bioshock (Another mutli-platform), Mass Effect (Multi-platform, only New York Times apparently), and Halo 3 (An Xbox exclusive.)
I wouldn't have picked Bioshock, Super Mario Galaxy was something new especially for a console like the Wii, Halo 3 I can't openly share my feelings since I don't own an xbox 360, and MW was fine.
So it could have easily been biased since it was a pc exclusive during a time where consoles were the biggest thing.
m
l
February 17, 2011 5:27:09 PM

amnotanoobie said:

Have you ever read a post that said:

"But can it play COD4" or "But can it play Bioshock"

Neither have I. Crysis may not have won many GOTY awards but its impact on the PC gaming community was huge in regards to hardware and pushing the limits of graphix. Just search for how many people worry if their system can Crysis vs how many worry about COD4/Bioshock. It may not have had the most ground breaking gameplay or story, but 5 years from now what game do you think people will still be talking about? COD4/Bioshock or Crysis?
m
l
February 17, 2011 7:08:31 PM

None of them in my opinion. CoD sure, if the series still continues by that time. Bioshock, no. Crysis may get a look every so often with comments like, "Why was Crysis so hard to run, my 400$ laptop can run it on Ultra with no slow downs."
I'm sure there were a number of games that were nearly impossible to run on normal computers before Crysis that were actually good. Look at Shogun, the game had a number of features that were impressive.
My explanation is simply; most of those game of the year awards were given to multi-platform games. Some were to console exclusives, but a pc exclusive like Crysis is bound to the consumer that might not have an SLI/CFX rig at the time to enjoy it's full settings with great performance.
m
l
February 18, 2011 4:38:57 AM

Trialsking said:
Have you ever read a post that said:

"But can it play COD4" or "But can it play Bioshock"

Neither have I. Crysis may not have won many GOTY awards but its impact on the PC gaming community was huge in regards to hardware and pushing the limits of graphix. Just search for how many people worry if their system can Crysis vs how many worry about COD4/Bioshock. It may not have had the most ground breaking gameplay or story, but 5 years from now what game do you think people will still be talking about? COD4/Bioshock or Crysis?

We only had that because no build in the $1000 segment could run it in its maximum settings. If the internet had exploded the way it is now in 2006 (full of Jokers repeating the same meme over and over and over and over again), we'd surely would have "But can it play Oblivion" jokes.
m
l
!