What games can i run on gma x4500(intel 4 series family)

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Hi.
ok i have a laptop, toshiba l500, intel celeron dual core t3100 1.9ghz, 2gb ddr3 ram, mobile intel 4 series express chipset family graphics card. now i know that this is not the best pc for gaming at all but could someone help me with increasing speed for games? or what games could run at a playable fps rate? i can run call of duty 2 on max settings at 25 to 35 fps but thats in directx 7, directx 9 lags like helllllllll! lol... so could you please help me, some hint, tips on increasing performance. please dont say bad things it was a xmas present and im happy with it but game wise not really. would 4gb ram increase speed alot or a little? and sorry for all the questions but i have been researching so much. oh yeah and besides that, if you buy gta 4 from store is the version of the game 1.0 with no patches? because thats the only version that will run on intel gpu's.
thanks heaps.

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I had a system just like yours awhile back but i did have 4gb of memory, the 4500 series is still only capable of access 384mb of the system memory but the more the system has the better.

I could get MW2 working on 800x600 at a playable framerate bar heavy battle moments. Most dx10games will play but most settings on low. Forget games like gta4 though!

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

thanks. i heard that the version 1.0 is the only one that worked on intel bacause it didnt have a patch. i have gta eflc and it didnt run at all. lol.

but thanks heaps. also one more question, how much would a 6gb ram stick cost for my laptop. i found out that it can hold 8gb ram. im thinking that it would be playable on lowest settings at least with 8gb ram? haha im just ossesd with that game.
again thanks