asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Is crysis 2 gonna have less system requirements than its predecessor?? :ange:
Somewhere i heard this will be well optimized game or am i hearing things?? :D

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Its down to the fact that it had to be optimized for the consoles and there limited hardware, so really its just a console port now due to the first Crysis was so heavily pirated.

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

:eek: What abt pc??

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Well i asume its still out in March, but after the leak it wouldnt surprise me it they questioned the release but its finished so why not.

Im getting it for pc no question about it, it does look good in Single player, not so fussed on Mp

I agree with what Metwinge just said. After the leak and all, the game still very much in it early stage, that is, with all the bugs and all sorts. The minimum requirements is much lower than Crysis 1 and is very much optimized because of the consoles. Crysis 2 is going to be a good game , that's for sure.
Crysis 2 might even and may even work much better than how crysis 1 did.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
@Metwinge

Games get pirated on consoles, this isnt going to consoles because it was heavily pirated. In fact Crysis 1 sold over 3 million copies on PC, War head sold over 1.5 million as of May 2010, those number are good as any console exclusive.

The reason why it went multiplat is due to corporate greed. The sales they get from PC alone isnt enough for them so they want to get consoles onboard as well.

I wonder though what this will mean for Nvidia and AMD, if games wont be pushing hardware, i guess we wont need any more upgrades on PC as well.

I really wonder how it fits Nvidias and AMDs business plan, selling afew chips to consoles then having the PC market choke to a stall. I have personally decided no more upgrades until the new consoles role out because there is no point when every other game is running above 60fps on my setup with things maxed out.

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

Ofc games get pirated on consoles, but there is abit of know how on how to do it, were as PC piracy is just to easy to do. Some companies just love to test new PC hardware of the time, Doom 3, Oblivion, Crysis and Metro 2033 and i hope this continues.

I upgrade every 2 - 3 years, I just upgraded recently and will probably do it another before the next Xbox and PS4 are released as there is still another few years in them.

Amd with continue for years but Nvidia are gona stuggle as then have no CPU buisness bar the ARM licenses and with intragated gpu's gona be the next big thing, Intel may make a swoop (little chance but you never know).

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Well you know personally, its rather easy to pirate on console, just need to get a hacked console(which is available at retail these days (no need to do anything yourlself). All people need to do is download torrent burn DVD.

With PC you actually need to wait for a working crack, then properly install the same crack.

Recent games released i noticed Dead space 2 on torrent on consoles way before PC version. Hell even after PC version was there a crack wasnt available for weeks.

So i would say its alot easiler pirating on console then on PC. The only hickup with console is getting the system modded initially thats it.

You can upgrade if you like, however that is your choice. 90% games being released are easily playable on maxed out even on 3-4yr old hardware. I dont think this will change until next consoles are released.

Previously before AMD and Nvidia supported consoles, games used to progress which ment PC gamers needed to upgrade every 2 years to be able to play the latest games in decent resolutions AA etc. However things are different today, Games are now made with 5yr old hardware in mind which means PC gamers dont really need an upgrade to play those games at higher res (unless the games are very badly optimized).

This just means people who previously bought hardware at 2 yr intervals may as well buy hardware at 5yr interval. Hence to get a small share of chips sold to console, Nvidia and AMD slowed down their primary market. PS3 and Xbox 360 combined sold 80million units till date, thats not alot of chips when you divide that between nvidia and AMD over the past 4 years. It probably prevented more gamers to stop upgrades on the PC front, since MOST games dont really need better hardware anymore.

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

Pirating is rife, no question about that and will get worse now for the PS3 with the master keys loose online. I have a PS3 which ive tried JB but with little luck but not for pirating, im a big fan of emulators and old 80s and 90s gaming and that was the plan.

PC hardware doesnt age as badly as the companies like us to think, got a P4 2.8Ghz, with 7600gs and its still playing todays games mostly on low/med settings. The problem now is badly ported console games, GTA 4 is an exsample, MW2 and black ops but they did work better.

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
PC Gaming isnt that cheap like the way console gamers they think.....we spend every dollar/rupee/dinar/yen to upgrade our pc ....so it can perform better and still we could do things on our pc other than gaming.

pc piracy entirely depends on crack and console piracy require chipset modding(hacking)

so console piracy is much easier than pc game piracy.

so i'd say promote pc gaming so......so dedicated pc gamers like us could upgrade and remain gamers. :)

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I'm going to be fair to Crytek and say this:

Requirements aren't everything. I agree that Crysis is one of the best looking games to date but the "REAL" recommended requirements to play at full settings are ridiculous.

I believe that with CryEngine 3, they've worked out many performance issues and may have a very pretty game for us (regardless of the system requirements).

That said, their engine is well optimized so when saying console port, don't expect the crappy console port that other companies provide. It should be quite interesting to see the benchmark results.

FYI: You won't be able to compare Crysis 1 and Crysis 2. The environment is too different to even compare the benchmarks to the looks of both games.

Agree with Alex, the game's environment is really different. As Crytek themselves have put it, the game isn't going to place in a jungle but in an urban jungle. The game is said to be well optimized as Cevat Yerli CEO said, that you won't be needing to wait for 2 years just to play it maxed out. It will work smooth while maxed out using the existing high end or mid range hardware.

wuggi

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Being able to run crysis 2 on very high settings at release with the latest hardware is obviously very nice, but there was something oddly appealing about the original crysis where nothing at the time of it's release could run it maxed out, and now several years later it's still one of the most demanding (and impressive) titles.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Maybe Crytek should de-optimize the PC version to punish the PC market for pirating the game. And then 3.5 yrs from now we will have hardware able to play the de-optimized game at 60fps!

asiarules

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
:non:

They shant do that :non: