Sign in with
Your question

Xbox 360 Won't Connect To "Network"

Last response: in Video Games
February 13, 2011 9:57:42 AM

Hey guys, I appear to have a networking problem, or an Xbox problem. 3 Days ago my Xbox 360 worked, and I could game on live. 2 days ago, it stopped working. I've tried everything that the website suggests. I've power cycled, assigned addresses and masks manually, and i've done every conceivable thing to fix this. The Ethernet cord is fine. So that leaves two possible problems. The Ethernet jack could have gotten fried, or something happened to the router 2 days ago.
(Oh yeah, the red x on the internet test appears between the xbox, and the network)

(And the message is something along the lines of the xbox could not get an IP from the router"

Thanks for any help.
February 13, 2011 11:35:44 AM

Have you tried powering the router off and on again? An old, stock, answer, but you'd be surprised how many times it works. (Although you say you have power cycled it's not clear whether this was the XBox, the router, or both.)
m
l
May 10, 2012 2:22:40 AM

ooohhhh u got BANNED. jk.... i had the same issue like 5 minutes ago

just remove the wireless card & put it back.
google it
use a t-10 screwdriver bit to open the one screw

my 360slim was already open, i'm waiting for the hacking tools;D
m
l
Related resources
May 10, 2012 3:54:23 AM

Maaddd said:
ooohhhh u got BANNED. jk.... i had the same issue like 5 minutes ago

just remove the wireless card & put it back.
google it
use a t-10 screwdriver bit to open the one screw

my 360slim was already open, i'm waiting for the hacking tools;D

:pfff:  I dont think this is the way to go unless EVERYTHING else doesnt work. :p 

My recommendation would be to check your router and then your modem. Reset both and the typical stuff.
m
l
July 18, 2012 2:44:30 AM

I'm having a similar problem. Everything worked great for a long time...had to reset router last night and can no longer connect Xbox to home network.

I remember having to port forward and have tried that but it's no longer working. Port forwarding on my router firmware has changed and i need an ip but it auto completes the beginning part and my IP address showing on the xbox doesn't match rest of network 192.168....

I've tried power cycling modem and router. Using Fixed IP. Port Forwarding. DHCP on and off. DMZ. UPnP. None have worked.

This is frustrating b/c last time this happened it was related to a specific game (COD MW3). Now we cannot connect at all. My router firmware has been updated since the last time and some of the settings/interfaces have changed. My networking knowledge limited at best...besides attempting the things above.

Router- Belkin 750N, passes through a switch. Wired connection.
m
l
!