Sign in with
Your question

Help me find a flight combat simulator

Last response: in Video Games
February 14, 2011 12:17:33 PM

So I tried the HAWX demo on steam for a while. It was fun, and the story seemed alright. However, the controls were garbadge! :fou:  Compared to an actual flight simulator, I found the controls very unrealistic. I mean, since when does having your wings perpendicular to the ground give you lift?

Anyways, I'm now looking for a substitute to HAWX with more realistic controls. Good graphics would be nice (with a 5670), and not overloaded with pesky DRM. Any suggestions?
February 15, 2011 10:55:42 AM

Realistic flight simulators don't come around often. The best ones:
-IL2 [Too damn realistic if you ask me; banking an aircraft is NOT that hard]
-Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2 [Pacific] and 3 [Europe]; Over Flanders Fields mod for MCFS3 [WWI]
-Aces over Europe/the Pacific [Old school, but you see where Microsoft Flight Simulator borrowed most everything from]
m
l
February 15, 2011 11:13:00 AM

Combat Flight Simulator 2 is impressive, with the third being graphically better. I personally liked the second more though.
Wings of prey is another flight simulator with good visuals (dx11 included) that may work perfectly for your graphics card.
m
l
May 17, 2011 3:47:19 AM

Crazy Hitchhiker said:
So I tried the HAWX demo on steam for a while. It was fun, and the story seemed alright. However, the controls were garbadge! :fou:  Compared to an actual flight simulator, I found the controls very unrealistic. I mean, since when does having your wings perpendicular to the ground give you lift?

Anyways, I'm now looking for a substitute to HAWX with more realistic controls. Good graphics would be nice (with a 5670), and not overloaded with pesky DRM. Any suggestions?

look at Digital Combat Simulator's DCS: A-10C Warthog
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/
m
l
!