Battlefield bad company 2 punkbuster problem

i am trying to play this game online ,after minutes of playing multiplayer the punkbuster kicks me.
i dont find any reason.
11 answers Last reply
More about battlefield company punkbuster problem
  1. Is it a legal version of the game?
  2. If your punkbuster isnt the latest one it will kick you so check to see if you have the latest one.
  3. Go to evenbalence and download pbsetup.exe, and stuff it in the games /pb directory. Now run the update for BC2. That should ensure punkbuster is up to date.

Punkbuster TRIES to update in the background, but if it takes too long, you get kicked.
  4. yes it is a legal version , were can i check the punkbuster version ?
  5. ^^ See my previous post.
  6. Also, you need to make sure the PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe are running in the background. They are serviecs that are required for punkbuster to run properly ingame. Some people (like myself), turn these off when I dont need them and from time to time, i forget to start the service before I go into game. I get kicked than I'm like "oh, duh!"
  7. now when i select a lobby the game doesnt start
  8. folius said:
    Also, you need to make sure the PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe are running in the background. They are serviecs that are required for punkbuster to run properly ingame. Some people (like myself), turn these off when I dont need them and from time to time, i forget to start the service before I go into game. I get kicked than I'm like "oh, duh!"

That should be done automatically when you load the game. I've never had to start the punkbuster services manually.
  9. gamerk316 said:
    That should be done automatically when you load the game. I've never had to start the punkbuster services manually.

I mean I go into my services and turn these off completely. So they do not automatically startup. I just dont like having them running when my game isnt.
  10. when the game kick me says : restriction:service comunication
    failure:PnkBstrA.exe
  11. Running game as admin?

And did you run pbsetup to make sure pb is up to date?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Games Multiplayer Video Games