Game frame rate very low

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
hello,

recently i have been having trouble with games and fps/frame rate. I recently installed a new cpu and have been having horrible fps in games like, cod bo, Rift, tf2, bad company 2, and many more. Pretty much everything is just a lot slower and more like a slide show. On cod bo i have about 7 fps at the start then it slightly rises to around 15 and drops during shooting or what have you. So heres my specs..

(dual)GTX 260's
ddr2 3g
Phenom II dual 3.5ghz
Crosshair II

I also have 2 hard drives, one for storage and one for running windows. Although i have reformatted the windows hard drive (which seemed to help a little) i haven't reformatted my storage which has like 500g or junk and what not. So i might try that and put a update. Besides that what i'm looking for is if it has to do with my cpu and my motherboard because my mb is a bit old and my cpu is recently new. I will also order some more ram.

Another note, i'm in the rift beta and i get around 2 fps - 5 on min settings! I mean come on! ( I tried lowering all my video settings and also increasing them to take pressure off my cpu (which seemed to work for cod bo a bit) and put it on my gpu's)

Help would be appreciated

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

Hey, i'm not completely sure how to find the model number. Also when i first installed my cpu, it wouldn't go past 800mgz, but i updated my bios and it recognized it.

Download and install CPU-Z from cpuid.com. Run it and get back to us.

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

Ok heres a little update. Mainly what i'm trying to figure is why i can't play the most simple of games. It is just mainly my FPS. I mean you look at my hardware and you think, that's not bad it could play a lot of games, maybe not at the highest settings but still not to bad. And yet i have the worst FPS even on low settings (TF2, CSS, HL2, CoD BO, WoW, Rift, and many more).

Ok got CPU Z heres my stuff

CPU
cpu.png

Mainboard
mainboard.png

Graphics
graphics.png

Memory
memory.png

SPD
SPD.png

Cache
cache.png

System Properties
Systemproperties.png

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

Hey, i have done some of these things but to answer some of your questions i had a mother board problem in the past, happened last September, and i got a RMA on my MB, also replacing my old cpu with a new one. Also replacing some bad memory. So when i first installed my new cpu, my MB did not recognize it, and it only ran at 800mgz. I later updated my bios to the latest one, and now it recognizes it, says it runs at 3.2ghz, but i'm not sure if that is completely true. I never have anything in the background, i formated my hard drives, and i turned off cool and quite. So i did some of these things i'll try more later. Thanks for the input.

mhenri2200

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

Show the details of the System Properites rating. It will show, what is at the lowest score.
To do that retake the test and take SS. (You probably know that already :D)

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

Ok i think i found my problem. When i updated my bios i used Crosshair II Formula BIOS 2607, Phenom IIX2 555, which is the highest one my MB can support. My CPU is a 560, so do you think this is the case?

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

Yeah... I see what you man. Rates my cpu horrible, but like i said to the other guy, probably has to do with my bios update.
systemprop.png

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

Well actually i was thinking about getting a new mother board. If mine seriously can't handle that one, i might as well just get a better one. Have any suggestions that would work well with my 560?