Gigabyte 7zm bios says BAD CMOS CheckSUM- -help???

G

Hey
i flashed my bios ok... and............
i downloaded the newest bios for my board
and inside was the flash utility
to make a long story short i tried to flash it and it could not work it said file not found so.. i went back to gigabyte and they had this windows @bios flash so i used that, now i flashed it in windwows -it was a windows program and.. said 100% ok then.. rebooted and it said BAD CMOS checksum, f1 enter setup or f2 restore , only f1 worked so i went into cmos and loaded bios defaults it worked..
but.. i got that message again so i tried to flash it to not the newst one as it said beta same thing but i mean
what does BAD cmos checksum mean??
I even tried to flash it back to the original same message , but i mean.. the original flash utility did not work i did exactly what it said to type and no luck, every bios for this board has a different flash utility one is all dos commands, other is windows based and other is dos based but easy like a dos shell window and i mean can anyone help me here? Im paranoid... here lol it works im in windows works great but i did get that message while using that bios and rebooting the first time

Tormented

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Flash to your older BIOS dont use WINBLOWS, use pure DOS!
i mean the F5 on boot.

<b>-----------------------</b>
-<font color=red><b>R.K.</b></font color=red>

G

Are you saying that it only failed the first time? If so, something went wrong and the information was not transferred correctly somewhere.

The checksum is a type of error correction that works at very low levels. Your error could be caused by an error in the download from the internet, or in the download that occurred in the flash utility. You can't really tell where it came from, just that it was corrupted somewhere.

If you re-flashed it, and it works now, you don't have to worry about it.

If you still want to try the newer bios, re-download it from the internet and try it again. When you reflash it, I do recomend the Dos utility, use a boot disk or f5 to boot into dos mode, and do it from there, that usually works a little better.

Good luck.

G

Everytime i flashed with 3 versions my original
the new one and one newer then mine
all3x i got the cmos checksum ewrror
But after loading bios defaults it works... so... im confused
i tried 3 different flash utilities windows, and 2 dos ones and only 1 dos one worked but it still gave me that error message.
hmm maybe ill give it a try again..