Changing/Switching ESN Online

Last response: in Network Providers
October 6, 2004 12:42:48 AM

Hi Everyone...

I have a current plan with Verizon, and I am using the Kyocera Slider
SE47. I have been through 3, almost 4, of these phones. Verizon just
keeps exchanging it over and over, even though they have all had the
same problem.

Anyway, I am thinking of purchasing another Verizon phone without a
plan from an online dealer, and I wanted to know how I would get it to
work with my current plan and number. I hear that I just need to do an
"ESN Change", and that it can be done online. Has anyone tried this
before, and do you know the URL that I would go to?

Thanks in advance for the help!
October 7, 2004 6:03:48 AM

"Harry Palms" <uce@ftc.gov> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.06.13.25.44.155665@ftc.gov...
> first log into your account, then paste in
> https://myaccount.verizonwireless.com/vzs/customer/ecmx...
> I've not tried it, I'm keeping it handy in case my new phone dies and I
> need the old one again

Dont really need to keep that URL handy. just goto:
http://myaccount.verizonwireless.com

there is a section when you log in under maintenance to upgrade or change
your phone.

I do it everytime I go on the road in a direction I know that analog is
prevelant. I switch from one phone to another. Longest a switch has taken
was 6 minutes. But usually it does it in about a minute or so.
..
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 8, 2004 2:11:45 PM

is there a charge to switch back and forth?? like an activation charge?
"Jason" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
> "Harry Palms" <uce@ftc.gov> wrote in message
> news:p an.2004.10.06.13.25.44.155665@ftc.gov...
>> first log into your account, then paste in
>> https://myaccount.verizonwireless.com/vzs/customer/ecmx...
>> I've not tried it, I'm keeping it handy in case my new phone dies and I
>> need the old one again
>
> Dont really need to keep that URL handy. just goto:
> http://myaccount.verizonwireless.com
>
> there is a section when you log in under maintenance to upgrade or change
> your phone.
>
> I do it everytime I go on the road in a direction I know that analog is
> prevelant. I switch from one phone to another. Longest a switch has
> taken
> was 6 minutes. But usually it does it in about a minute or so.
> .

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 3:23:42 PM

Nope.. It's Free.

While I have an all digital for normal use, I have a Tri-mode (that I got on
Ebay for $12) for when I go camping/boating etc, and change to it when in
the Boonies, and back again when I come home.

"Laura" <lassere4@cox.net> wrote in message
> is there a charge to switch back and forth?? like an activation charge?
> "Jason" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Harry Palms" <uce@ftc.gov> wrote in message
>> news:p an.2004.10.06.13.25.44.155665@ftc.gov...
>>> first log into your account, then paste in
>>> https://myaccount.verizonwireless.com/vzs/customer/ecmx...
>>> I've not tried it, I'm keeping it handy in case my new phone dies and I
>>> need the old one again
>>
>> Dont really need to keep that URL handy. just goto:
>> http://myaccount.verizonwireless.com
>>
>> there is a section when you log in under maintenance to upgrade or change
>> your phone.
>>
>> I do it everytime I go on the road in a direction I know that analog is
>> prevelant. I switch from one phone to another. Longest a switch has
>> taken
>> was 6 minutes. But usually it does it in about a minute or so.
>> .

October 8, 2004 5:30:22 PM

Was wondering and I have since called verizon cs and was told there was a
$15 activation fee each time it was done......however the cs looked up my
account it had not shown up yet--was switched back and forth 2 days ago
"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Nope.. It's Free.
>
> While I have an all digital for normal use, I have a Tri-mode (that I got
> on Ebay for $12) for when I go camping/boating etc, and change to it when
> in the Boonies, and back again when I come home.
>

> "Laura" <lassere4@cox.net> wrote in message
>> is there a charge to switch back and forth?? like an activation charge?
>> "Jason" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "Harry Palms" <uce@ftc.gov> wrote in message
>>> news:p an.2004.10.06.13.25.44.155665@ftc.gov...
>>>
>>> Dont really need to keep that URL handy. just goto:
>>> http://myaccount.verizonwireless.com
>>>
>>> there is a section when you log in under maintenance to upgrade or
>>> change
>>> your phone.
>>>
>>> I do it everytime I go on the road in a direction I know that analog is
>>> prevelant. I switch from one phone to another. Longest a switch has
>>> taken
>>> was 6 minutes. But usually it does it in about a minute or so.
>>> .

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:30:23 PM

You are talking apples and oranges. It is FREE if you do it yourself on the
website, but it is about $15 if you have a CS do it for you.

Hint... NEVER EVER trust a CS to do something for you, when you can do it
yourself the right way/cheaper/and for sure.

I do it online quite often, takes less than 10 minutes (usually 1 or 2).

> Was wondering and I have since called verizon cs and was told there was a
> $15 activation fee each time it was done......however the cs looked up my
> account it had not shown up yet--was switched back and forth 2 days ago
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Nope.. It's Free.
>>
>> While I have an all digital for normal use, I have a Tri-mode (that I got
>> on Ebay for $12) for when I go camping/boating etc, and change to it when
>> in the Boonies, and back again when I come home.
>>

>> "Laura" <lassere4@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> is there a charge to switch back and forth?? like an activation charge?
>>> "Jason" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:30:23 PM

Much simpler way rather than the convoluted stuff..

Go to www.verizonwireless.com
Click on My account login "Register", or if already done, enter user name
and pin.
On right hand side under "Phone Information" click on the "Activate Phone"
link
Then click on "Activate Existing Equipment"
Enter the New ESN (Usually found on a white sticker under the battery on the
back of the phone)
Reason for change
Click on Submit
Your done.. new phone will start working in less than 10 minutes..

If you want to feel better, get out your checkbook and send me $15 :)  <----
JUST KIDDING!!

"Laura" <lassere4@cox.net> wrote in message
> Was wondering and I have since called verizon cs and was told there was a
> $15 activation fee each time it was done......however the cs looked up my
> account it had not shown up yet--was switched back and forth 2 days ago
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> Nope.. It's Free.
>>
>> While I have an all digital for normal use, I have a Tri-mode (that I got
>> on Ebay for $12) for when I go camping/boating etc, and change to it when
>> in the Boonies, and back again when I come home.

October 8, 2004 6:10:53 PM

Thanks, just wanted to make sure before I started switching phones and being
zapped with the $15 fee each time--because the cs said there was a charge no
matter how it was done. I know half the time they tell you things they have
no idea about. I wanted to hear it from a customer who has done it before
and not gotten charged.
Thanks again.

> You are talking apples and oranges. It is FREE if you do it yourself on
> the website, but it is about $15 if you have a CS do it for you.
>
> Hint... NEVER EVER trust a CS to do something for you, when you can do it
> yourself the right way/cheaper/and for sure.
>
> I do it online quite often, takes less than 10 minutes (usually 1 or 2).
>
> "Laura" <lassere4@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Was wondering and I have since called verizon cs and was told there was a
>> $15 activation fee each time it was done......however the cs looked up my
>> account it had not shown up yet--was switched back and forth 2 days ago
>> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>> Nope.. It's Free.
>>>
>>> While I have an all digital for normal use, I have a Tri-mode (that I
>>> got on Ebay for $12) for when I go camping/boating etc, and change to it
>>> when in the Boonies, and back again when I come home.
>>>

>>> "Laura" <lassere4@cox.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 11, 2004 10:55:39 PM

On 5 Oct 2004 20:42:48 -0700, jameson_ray@comcast.net (Jameson) wrote:

>I have a current plan with Verizon, and I am using the Kyocera Slider
>SE47. I have been through 3, almost 4, of these phones. Verizon just
>keeps exchanging it over and over, even though they have all had the
>same problem.

OOC, what problem were you having with them?
!