Asus P2B-S -- Can I upgrade to a PIII 700MHz CPU?

G

Hi,

I currently own a P2B-S motherboard and I have been unsuccessful in finding out how upgradable this board is.

I'm hoping to plunk in a newer CPU. I am planning on buying a dual processor box next year (can't afford it right now) and wanted to get a little bit more oomph for little $$$ in the meantime.

I wanted to avoid buying a new motherboard to support the PIII-700 MHz cpu because I need SCSI (I have hard drives and a CDRW which are SCSI) and cannot afford the SCSI card that I need to replace the onboard one. I searched through Asus' website and could not find a definitive answer. I also searched through this board and could not find a previous message that also confirms/denies this.

So, is this possible? Has anyone done it before using this m/board? Is it just a matter of popping in the cpu, setting some jumpers, updating to the latest bios version and away I go?

Thanks in advance.
fv

G

Thank you very much. It appears on their website that the max is 600 MHz. However, I have sent an email to their US tech support to find out for sure.

If someone else has actually done, I would appreciate an acknowledgement either way.

Thanks once again.

fv