Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will my Q6600 play these games ok?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 17, 2011 3:44:38 AM

I have computer with a Stock Q6600 that cannot be oc. I am putting a GTX560 in the computer.

Will I be able to play Crysis, Crysis 2, Mass EFFect, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, Dead Space 2, Mafia Wars, Final Fantasy XIV, Call of Duty BOPs ok?

More about : q6600 play games

February 17, 2011 5:20:28 AM

The Q6600 is only clocked at 2.4GHz, which is a bit low for most modern games. I do not believe the 560 will perform to its full potential with your CPU.
m
0
l
February 17, 2011 3:04:09 PM

It should be fine, but as herr said, its quite lowly clocked. Anyway why cant you oc ?
m
0
l
Related resources
February 17, 2011 4:09:58 PM

55Range said:
It should be fine, but as herr said, its quite lowly clocked. Anyway why cant you oc ?

Possibly a retailed computer with locked bios features.
m
0
l
February 17, 2011 9:45:45 PM

55Range said:
It should be fine, but as herr said, its quite lowly clocked. Anyway why cant you oc ?


Its a Dell. Everyone says hold out until SB, but that is still almost 2 months away.

I want to buy a used set of cpu and mb board under 200 dollars to use until the SB are ready.

Should I wait?
m
0
l
February 17, 2011 11:47:34 PM

New or good Intel boards are rather costly, to find a motherboard and cpu that actually outperforms your current setup may be hard.
I would say wait, at least have 300$ before upgrading the mobo and cpu.
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 12:36:16 PM

dalta centauri said:
New or good Intel boards are rather costly, to find a motherboard and cpu that actually outperforms your current setup may be hard.
I would say wait, at least have 300$ before upgrading the mobo and cpu.


So none of the AMD processors would be better than my Q6600 at 2.4GHZ?

What if I found a AMD processor and mb or i3,i5 and mb for less than 200 dollars, would that be a good deal?
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 12:42:03 PM

g335 said:
So none of the AMD processors would be better than my Q6600 at 2.4GHZ?

What if I found a AMD processor and mb or i3,i5 and mb for less than 200 dollars, would that be a good deal?

Yeah.
I5 not I3 though.
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 3:45:34 PM

g335 said:
So none of the AMD processors would be better than my Q6600 at 2.4GHZ?

What if I found a AMD processor and mb or i3,i5 and mb for less than 200 dollars, would that be a good deal?

You could find a cheap AM3 mobo with something along an Athlon II quad, but why not save up?
m
0
l
February 18, 2011 3:51:54 PM

g335 said:
I have computer with a Stock Q6600 that cannot be oc. I am putting a GTX560 in the computer.

Will I be able to play Crysis, Crysis 2, Mass EFFect, Mass Effect 2, Starcraft 2, Dead Space 2, Mafia Wars, Final Fantasy XIV, Call of Duty BOPs ok?





Your Q6600 should b fine. I have a Q6600 with a 9800 GT Win 7 64 bit. Call of Duty BOP played fine with high settings at 1900x 1080 23" WideScreen

I do not know what the FPS were. As long as it looks good and does not slideshow, I don't care if it is 30 FPS or 100.

I have played metro2033, Crysis, Dead Space, BFBC2. All at least on High setting. You will only get about 6 FPS on metro2033 with PhysX turned on.

High setting not always = to the highest setting.
m
0
l
February 22, 2011 12:34:36 AM

q6600 is still ok. Great for games that utilize 4 cores, but for many games that only use 2 cores its getting on the slow side of things. Still should be able to play everything ok though.
m
0
l
February 22, 2011 8:18:54 PM

How about if you lower the in-game graphics or the resolution? I am sure then your Q6600 will run just fine...
m
0
l
February 22, 2011 8:43:50 PM

Can't you just find a cheap socket 775 motherboard that will fit in your dell case and reuse the q6600 and overclock it?
m
0
l
!