Power Supply for Pavilion A200N

Would a stardard ATX power supply work in a
Pavilion A200N? It looks like a standard 250W
ATX P4-capable unit to me. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about power supply pavilion a200n

    Measure the dimensions and compare with standard ones. Check for a 3-wire lead
    from the motherboard to the power supply. This is a non-standard connection to
    control the power supply fan... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:50:04 -0400, David Owens <"david_owens[no
    spam]"@alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:

    >Would a stardard ATX power supply work in a
    >Pavilion A200N? It looks like a standard 250W
    >ATX P4-capable unit to me. Thanks.

    Ben, I looked and the are only two things from the
    power supply connected to the motherboard, the ATX
    power connector and the ATX12V power connector.

    Ben Myers wrote:
    > Measure the dimensions and compare with standard ones. Check for a 3-wire lead
    > from the motherboard to the power supply. This is a non-standard connection to
    > control the power supply fan... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:50:04 -0400, David Owens <"david_owens[no
    > spam]"@alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
    >

    >>Would a stardard ATX power supply work in a
    >>Pavilion A200N? It looks like a standard 250W
    >>ATX P4-capable unit to me. Thanks.

    Then you are OK with an ATX-12v power supply of the right dimensions.

    HP has gone back and forth on its power supplies with and without the 3-wire
    lead to control the power supply fan. This lack of consistency leads to
    suprises when one opens up the chassis of any random HP Pavilion.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:42:42 -0400, David Owens <"david_owens[no
    spam]"@alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:

    >Ben, I looked and the are only two things from the
    >power supply connected to the motherboard, the ATX
    >power connector and the ATX12V power connector.
    >
    >Ben Myers wrote:
    >> Measure the dimensions and compare with standard ones. Check for a 3-wire lead
    >> from the motherboard to the power supply. This is a non-standard connection to
    >> control the power supply fan... Ben Myers
    >>
    >> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:50:04 -0400, David Owens <"david_owens[no
    >> spam]"@alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Would a stardard ATX power supply work in a
    >>>Pavilion A200N? It looks like a standard 250W
    >>>ATX P4-capable unit to me. Thanks.

Hewlett Packard Pavilion Power Supplies ATX Computers