Wireless dropping

Hi can anyone help.

I a wireless AP which is contantly dropping. One second it has 100%
strength then nothing.. this always happens.

Its not the client wireless card because we have tried with lots, plus
we have tried with a different wireless AP make and model so its not
that either.

Pls help!

More about wireless dropping

    unplug the microwave oven.

    On 18 Nov 2004 05:54:04 -0800, theitfella@hotmail.com (Tony) wrote:

    >I a wireless AP which is contantly dropping. One second it has 100%
    >strength then nothing.. this always happens.
    >
    >Its not the client wireless card because we have tried with lots, plus
    >we have tried with a different wireless AP make and model so its not
    >that either.

    Dropping an access point from more than about 2-3 feet voids the
    warranty. I wouldn't do that.

    Meanwhile, it would be nice to know which AP you're dropping, and what
    equipment you're using to talk to it. Since you didn't disclose any
    useful information, I'll assume you're a Windoze XP Home user. If
    you're using WEP or no encryption, turn off 802.1x authentication. If
    you're using WPA encryption, you have to leave 802.1x authentication
    on.

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

    Something is interfering with the signal to/from the AP.

    As one poster suggested "unplug the microwave oven", and depending on your
    proximity to other people, it doesn't have to be in your
    house/apartment/office. You could get an RF meter and keep it near your
    computer to see if you get a sudden surge when the signal drops.

    You might also have cordless phone interference.

    You might also have interference from other APs in the area, especially from
    those that might be using channel bonding to get better throughput.

    Get NetStumbler to see who might be in your area and what channel(s) they
    may be using.

    Lastly, it might be aliens. :)

    "Tony" <theitfella@hotmail.com> wrote in message...
    > Hi can anyone help.
    >
    > I a wireless AP which is contantly dropping. One second it has 100%
    > strength then nothing.. this always happens.
    >
    > Its not the client wireless card because we have tried with lots, plus
    > we have tried with a different wireless AP make and model so its not
    > that either.

Wireless Internet Wireless Networking