Verizon, Motorola Working on Android TV Tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Yeah, Moto will make it and Verizon will strip out the TV feature...[/citation]
Well, the technology is moving faster than they can keep up. Case in point, I've got 5 lines on my Verizon account. My phone wasn't eligible for an upgrade, so I used the online feature to transfer the upgrade and credit from a different line to my line, then I proceeded to purchase a Droid X (got it for $150). So it arrived yesterday, but I can't activate it because that "Transfer an upgrade" feature wasn't implemented correctly and now it get kicked back to IT where they will "fix it within 7 days." (I got them to comp a nice car mount and charger for my inconvenience).

Still, the point is, they strip out features because they can't keep up with all the changes and it's easier to do that. It's annoying as hell, but all of the wireless companies each have their particular area of annoyance.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
They will probably also have super bw restrictions to where you basically can only watch 5 shows before you hit your bw cap..

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
It's cool but the main problem with iPad isn't it's "shortcomings" it's that the tablet form factor isn't all that useful. This will lack the fanboy market share that apple has.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Dosnt sound like anything spectacular to me, I already get Android TV service in the palm of my hand.

My EVO gets Sprint TV anywhere I go and there are both free and pay channels I cant watch, not to mention other services like TV.com which is largely free as well.

Oh yeah I also forgot I get that on 4G too (with truly unlimited data) so why spend extra cash (and monthly fees) on a tablet version of what I already get?

Status
Not open for further replies.