Can one force the Audiovox 9900 to analog mode???

zeno

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

....or can the 9900 only work in 'auto" mode...
Can one force the Audiovox 9900 into analog mode only?

I have a VX4500 and I can access the advanced technical menu options by
pressing Menu, then enter 0, then press 000000 (six zeroes). This phone
doesn't have analog but from the technical menu, I can force it a different
digital mode. Maybe technical menu is available in the 9900.

"zeno" <zeno1234@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> ...or can the 9900 only work in 'auto" mode...
> Can one force the Audiovox 9900 into analog mode only?

_KC_

"zeno" <zeno1234@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> ...or can the 9900 only work in 'auto" mode...
> Can one force the Audiovox 9900 into analog mode only?

Power phone on, hit left soft key, hit 7, hit **, enter 000000 as code

That will put you into the Debug/Test menu where you can force modes, view
field test screen, etc.

KC

zeno

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

In article <cQb9d.10746$gs1.3002@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
_KC_ <kc@kc.com> wrote:

> "zeno" <zeno1234@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > ...or can the 9900 only work in 'auto" mode...
> > Can one force the Audiovox 9900 into analog mode only?
>

> Power phone on, hit left soft key, hit 7, hit **, enter 000000 as code
>
> That will put you into the Debug/Test menu where you can force modes, view
> field test screen, etc.

I tried that with one at a store, and it did not work.

I hit the top left "menue" key, then 7, then the star key 2 times, then
6 zeros...and nothing happens. what exactly do i do after hittng the 6
zeros...????

_KC_

> In article <cQb9d.10746$gs1.3002@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> _KC_ <kc@kc.com> wrote:
>
> > "zeno" <zeno1234@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > > ...or can the 9900 only work in 'auto" mode...
> > > Can one force the Audiovox 9900 into analog mode only?
> >

> > Power phone on, hit left soft key, hit 7, hit **, enter 000000 as code
> >
> > That will put you into the Debug/Test menu where you can force modes,
view
> > field test screen, etc.
>

> I tried that with one at a store, and it did not work.
>
> I hit the top left "menue" key, then 7, then the star key 2 times, then
> 6 zeros...and nothing happens. what exactly do i do after hittng the 6
> zeros...????

You have to do it right after powering up the phone. When you hit the left
function key, 7, **, it will come up and ask for the security code. Thats
when you enter the 000000 code. If it doesn't work for you, cut it off and
try again.

KC

"_KC_" <kc@kc.com> wrote in message news:<3nh9d.7335$Vm1.2809@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> "zeno" <zeno1234@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > In article <cQb9d.10746$gs1.3002@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> > _KC_ <kc@kc.com> wrote:
> >
> > > "zeno" <zeno1234@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Power phone on, hit left soft key, hit 7, hit **, enter 000000 as code
> > >
> > > That will put you into the Debug/Test menu where you can force modes,
> view
> > > field test screen, etc.
> >

> > I tried that with one at a store, and it did not work.
> >
> > I hit the top left "menue" key, then 7, then the star key 2 times, then
> > 6 zeros...and nothing happens. what exactly do i do after hittng the 6
> > zeros...????
>

> You have to do it right after powering up the phone. When you hit the left
> function key, 7, **, it will come up and ask for the security code. Thats
> when you enter the 000000 code. If it doesn't work for you, cut it off and
> try again.
>

> KC

Congradualations on discovering the debug code! Good one.
Now can anyone list the options in the "Preferred Mode"? I'm looking
for "PCS Channel". That was on the Audiovox 9500. Allows direct entry
of Sprint channel, bypassing PRL.

Thanks,
David