PC Game controller

Witz96

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
My gamepad just died(it was about 5 years old or so) and I am looking to get a new one. I checked at bestbuy and ebgames but not sure which one to get. Any suggestions would be great.

Mike

loosley

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

I recommend the Xbox 360 controller for Windows. It comes in a wired or wireless version. The wireless version is my preference. Great controller, and even comes with vibration feedback for games that support it.

hands down the xbox 360 controller wired usb controller is by far the best game pad controller for pc, I have two and use them on batman aa, dirt2, and nba 2k11 and they work great, even works on crysis (if you want to be lazy and sit back ) there is no other controller that is as universal and compatible as this one its about time Microsoft got the 360 controller to pretty much be recognized by all games that it is supposed to... with the button recognition for actions and icons, etc.. this is by far the best choice imo, i have two of them and they work flawlessly. Don't hesitate, get one, you will not be disappointed.

the wired:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] -_-Product

the wireless:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] -_-Product

or I found a wired one used on ebay for $12 including shipping so you could try on there, ebgames might have a used one if your lucky, as long as it has a usb cord, your good unless it was the specifically designed for pc wireless one...

I LOVE my Saitek P990, but unfortuatly, two of its buttons can't actually be used [one enables rapid fire, the other switches between using the D-pad and analog stick]. Still, 6 face buttons, 4 shoulder buttons, a D-pad and two analog sticks are nothing to sneeze at.

Tried a Steelseries a while back [the one EB/Gamestop is currently pushing], and hated it. D-pad was iffy, the controller was heavy, and it drew more power then my Saitek [I had to re-arrange all my USB devices as a result].

Metwinge

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Xbox 360 controller is you best bet for platform, racing and fighting on PC but you wont beat kb and mouse for FPS, MMO or RTS games.

Plus there is very little setup to the 360 contollers bar the drivers.

Great for the N64/gc and wii emulators too

^^ I HATE the 360 controller, because its shoulder buttons are treated as a Z-axis, and not two seperate buttons. As such, its IMPOSSIBLE to register both shoulder buttons being pressed at the same time, which can be a major problem with some games, depending on your prefered config.

buton

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
i personally used keyboard and mouse for first person shooters and starcraft, dragon age, but for example if i am goin go play prince of persia, assasins creed, racing games i will use the controller and the best i think is the xbox 360 controller, the quality build is great.