HP D530u Problem

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

Hi,

I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
into sleep mode.

What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.

Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.

Adrian

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

"sleep mode" may not be an accurate description of these symptoms. When a
system goes to "sleep", it can be awakened again to a usable state.

The problem could well be a corrupted or incorrectly set-up version of Windows,
which fails to start up properly for one reason or another. Can you start the
system in safe mode (F5 key)? If so, then the problem surely is faulty
software. If not, then the problem may be hardware (an overheating problem?) or
software... Ben Myers

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:12:49 GMT, Adrian Dady <Adrian.Dady@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
>into sleep mode.
>
>What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
>screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
>mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
>again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.
>
>Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.
>
>Adrian

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

Although you seem to think the problem is with the Moniter, it's
probablyy not. Just to make sure however, try using another moniter on
the system.
-Jake

Orginal Message by Adrian Dady:

Hi,
I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
into sleep mode.

What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.

Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.

Adrian

I have the same problem but when i try and install any Linux OS the
screen goes blank during the install.
When installing Windows the only one that works is Win 98SE. Have not
tryed other 9x.
XP/2k both go blank during the install all HDD activity stops and i
have to turn the system off.

I have tryed what Ben Myers has posted but no luck.

DaZZ

> Hi,
>
> I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes
> into sleep mode.
>
> What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows
splash
> screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
> mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and
on
> again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.
>
> Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.
>
> Adrian

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc (More info?)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:12:49 GMT, Adrian Dady <Adrian.Dady@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
> into sleep mode.
>
> What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
> screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
> mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
> again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.
>
> Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.

Did you make any changes to your video card (which video card)? Have you
tried a different monitor or video card?

I do not know if your D530u is even remotely related to my a530n. But
when I installed a hotter video card, my PC would not even POST until I
installed a more capable power supply (Antec SmartPower 350). Apparently
HP's 250w rated PSU could not even handle half of that (the Antec with
that video card only used 125w max AC input at wall outlet).

But it is impossible to tell from here if you have a video card or driver
problem or power problem. Can you get Windows to boot in Safe mode?