wireless transmit to stereo amplifier

I don't know enough about this to know how to ask.

I want to use my stereo amp and system as a computer speaker through a
wireless connection. I want to listen to radio programs and music from my
desktop through the stereo in another room. My wireless is based on a
Orinoco BG-2000 gateway. I have the specs on it but don't see anything I
recognize for what I'm looking for. I'd need some receiver on the other end.

I assume it can be done but haven't seen the hardware for it. Does it exist?
What's it called so I can search for it?

Kozmo
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless transmit stereo amplifier

    "Kozmo" <kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote:

    >I want to use my stereo amp and system as a computer speaker through a
    >wireless connection. I want to listen to radio programs and music from my
    >desktop through the stereo in another room. My wireless is based on a
    >Orinoco BG-2000 gateway. I have the specs on it but don't see anything I
    >recognize for what I'm looking for. I'd need some receiver on the other end.
    >
    >I assume it can be done but haven't seen the hardware for it. Does it exist?
    >What's it called so I can search for it?

    There are several comapnies making these devices. Linksys does a box that does
    audio only, but has the wireless part built in. My preference right now is the

    www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.htm

    It's relatively inexpensive, does *video* and audio, and has at least one other
    company writing software for it. If you want it to be wireless, you will also
    need to buy a wireless client. I use the Linksys WAP54G.

    "Kozmo" <kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote in message news:<Tidnd.29790$KJ6.15912@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
    > I want to listen to radio programs and music from my
    > desktop through the stereo in another room. My wireless is based on a
    > Orinoco BG-2000 gateway.

    So many of these products I stopped counting a few months back. See
    http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/kb13/mp3/

    -Unk

    "Kozmo" <kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote in message
    <cut>
    > I want to listen to radio programs and music from my desktop through the
    > stereo in another room.
    <cut>

    http://www.streamium.com/

    Regards,