wireless transmit to stereo amplifier

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
November 19, 2004 5:57:55 AM

I don't know enough about this to know how to ask.

I want to use my stereo amp and system as a computer speaker through a
wireless connection. I want to listen to radio programs and music from my
desktop through the stereo in another room. My wireless is based on a
Orinoco BG-2000 gateway. I have the specs on it but don't see anything I
recognize for what I'm looking for. I'd need some receiver on the other end.

I assume it can be done but haven't seen the hardware for it. Does it exist?
What's it called so I can search for it?

Kozmo
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 19, 2004 5:57:56 AM

"Kozmo" <kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote:

>I want to use my stereo amp and system as a computer speaker through a
>wireless connection. I want to listen to radio programs and music from my
>desktop through the stereo in another room. My wireless is based on a
>Orinoco BG-2000 gateway. I have the specs on it but don't see anything I
>recognize for what I'm looking for. I'd need some receiver on the other end.
>
>I assume it can be done but haven't seen the hardware for it. Does it exist?
>What's it called so I can search for it?

There are several comapnies making these devices. Linksys does a box that does
audio only, but has the wireless part built in. My preference right now is the

www.hauppauge.com/html/mediamvp_datasheet.htm

It's relatively inexpensive, does *video* and audio, and has at least one other
company writing software for it. If you want it to be wireless, you will also
need to buy a wireless client. I use the Linksys WAP54G.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 19, 2004 9:50:06 AM

"Kozmo" <kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote in message news:<Tidnd.29790$KJ6.15912@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> I want to listen to radio programs and music from my
> desktop through the stereo in another room. My wireless is based on a
> Orinoco BG-2000 gateway.

So many of these products I stopped counting a few months back. See
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/kb13/mp3/

-Unk
November 19, 2004 1:05:44 PM

"Kozmo" <kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote in message
<cut>
> I want to listen to radio programs and music from my desktop through the
> stereo in another room.
<cut>

http://www.streamium.com/

Regards,