motorola v710 - transmit mp3 audio through bluetooth headset

BrianS

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I recently purchased a motorola v710 and a 128 MB transflash memory card, I
was wondering if it is technically possible to route the mp3 audio through
to the bluetooth headset, I know the audio quality won't be that great and
some of you might even be thinking, why bother? but I think it would just
be so damn cool, i have to carry both items around with me all the time
anyway and it would be cool if i could call up my spoken word only mp3
language lessons from the memory card on my phone as I am on my way
somewhere.

Does anyone know if this is possible or direct me to a website / forum that
has more information on this idea?

<brians@xxNOSPAMORBOTSxxberkeley.edu> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a motorola v710 and a 128 MB transflash memory card, I
> was wondering if it is technically possible to route the mp3 audio through
> to the bluetooth headset, I know the audio quality won't be that great and
> some of you might even be thinking, why bother? but I think it would just
> be so damn cool, i have to carry both items around with me all the time
> anyway and it would be cool if i could call up my spoken word only mp3
> language lessons from the memory card on my phone as I am on my way
> somewhere.

Seems like my V710 only supports the headset profile over bluetooth. When I
try to play ringer tones, etc, it just beeps on my hs810. The headset only
works for actual phone conversations and it also will speak the contact
names, but nothing else.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

There may be a hack for this, if you go into test mode you can change
the audio channel. I suspect one of those options is BT. You can force
all audio through any chan you want.

BrianS

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your reply, can you tell me or point me to a resource that shows
how to get into the phones test mode? it seems like this should be
technically possible and it would be very useful for listening to spoken
word mp3's. on another note, could u do it with "voice notes" i havent
tried this yet, it seems like if you can route voice information through
bluetooth you should be able to route recorded voice information and mp3's

if you find out anything more about this subject please share, i am very
curious if this is a possible hack