Sign in with
Your question

Best graphics game

Last response: in Video Games
February 22, 2011 6:40:26 AM

hi guys.....

i want to know which game has the best graphics...
maybe crysis??

More about : graphics game

February 22, 2011 8:07:21 AM

yeah man , crysis 2 when it comes out
m
l
February 22, 2011 8:29:37 AM

It's either Crysis, Metro 2033 or STALKER Call of Pripyat depending on preference.
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2011 3:10:16 PM

Crysis, mass effect 2, Just cause 2...
m
l
February 22, 2011 4:46:49 PM

Also ARMA 2,BF Bad Company 2 and Allien vs Predator 3.For RTS,the best as far as impressive gparhics is company of heroes due to the explosion effects.
m
l
February 22, 2011 5:46:00 PM

evilgenius134 said:
It's either Crysis, Metro 2033 or STALKER Call of Pripyat depending on preference.

Yeah Stalker CoP buildings/environment is great. Character models are ok.

Just Cause 2 environment is also pretty.
m
l
February 22, 2011 5:50:18 PM

did you forget assassin's creed 2
m
l
February 22, 2011 7:02:15 PM

Are we talking about GPU stress or aesthetics? If it's the latter I think it's more about artistic direction; I'd chip in a well modded Oblivion there, minecraft if you're in the mood, various well designed locales in BG2. The technical quality of the graphics here tends to be rather irrelevant, just their ability to capture your imagination.

Regarding GPU stress, Crysis is outdated - when really pushed to the limits it still separates top hardware, but it's not the best measure. Warhead does a better job, but Metro 2033 is at the top for GPU stressing in a game, especially if you're running an Nvidia card. Regarding Crysis 2, I'm not so sure it'll be the next big benchmark, screens so far haven't shown jaw dropping visuals, and the engine seems to be built around performance for everyone, rather than pushing the limits. But we'll just have to see.
m
l
February 22, 2011 9:26:50 PM

Best looking game I've played on my system would probably be Just Cause 2 and maybe Dirt 2.
m
l
February 24, 2011 5:09:42 AM

of the games that I play its, BFBC2 (the Vietnam maps look especially phenomenal), Just Cause 2, mass effect 2, Crysis Warhead, Alien Vs. Predator and dirt 2, and batman aa also have their moments. What about the last red faction game, although I didnt care for it much I thought the graphics and more specifically the destruction and physics were really cool visually, anyone play this?

shoot everytime I play starcraft II I'm amazed and that is what? dx9, too bad I can't seem to get mlaa to run correctly with it though, still very visually pleasing with jaged edges, imo
m
l
May 7, 2011 12:33:37 AM

Outside of the hyper-realism, trine is a really beautiful game. If you run that game at max with the right monitor it is enchanting. Trine 2 comes out this summer http://trine2.com/. Oblivion looks great too with the right mods although it also lacks the realism that crysis would have and its sequel comes out at the end of this year.
m
l
May 7, 2011 8:27:59 AM

Crysis 2. Mass effect 2, Gta 4 series[objective though]...
m
l
May 7, 2011 3:56:19 PM

crysis 2 is a steaming pile of crap, terrible graphics for a pc game imo
m
l
May 7, 2011 4:10:53 PM

Crysis, Crysis 2 ( if it weren't for some bad textures in the game, and the DX11)
Metro 2033
Just Cause 2.
m
l
May 7, 2011 5:06:39 PM

no crysis 2 was made for consoles, not exemplary graphics in the least bit on pc...
m
l
May 7, 2011 9:13:35 PM

as all have said crysis 2 already, try these
ken&lynch2, assassin creed brotherhood,bulletstrom !!!
m
l
May 7, 2011 10:05:40 PM

ACB is poorly coded but looks good, bulletstorm looks good as well
m
l
May 7, 2011 10:06:06 PM

A pretty good looking DX9 MMO: Rift
m
l
May 8, 2011 12:56:39 AM

crysis still holds up gfx wise for a dx10 game its hard to beat.
crysis 2 isnt that good looking as it is programmed for the lowest common denominator, the consoles... if and when they patch it i still dont hold out much hope for it looking much better.

the best looking pc game is still not out yet... its almost there though and we should see deus ex 3 in the summer... from what iv'e seen it looks lik its gonna be the next benchmark title... then after that it will be battlefield 3...
m
l
May 8, 2011 6:24:27 PM

Crysis 2 Hands Down the Best Looking game out there.....
m
l
May 9, 2011 12:30:23 AM

Crysis 2 and Metro 2033 can really push a card. For Crysis 2 put it on Hardcore for graphics and it'll have your gpu sweating in no time ^.^ average temps of most users is near 70c in a well ventilated case so be sure to make sure your exhaust is working well.
m
l
May 9, 2011 4:55:33 AM

TitusFFX said:
Crysis 2 and Metro 2033 can really push a card. For Crysis 2 put it on Hardcore for graphics and it'll have your gpu sweating in no time ^.^ average temps of most users is near 70c in a well ventilated case so be sure to make sure your exhaust is working well.

lol !
Crysis 2 is really not demanding when compared to crysis 1 and metro 2033. !
And abt avg temps- 70 !. Not right, gpu type dependent.
m
l
May 9, 2011 10:27:19 AM

^+1
Crysis 2 is not demanding.
Crysis and Crysis Warhead are.. and also Metro 2033.
m
l
May 9, 2011 2:34:35 PM

anyone that says crysis 2 is demanding/ looks good is an idiot, crysis 2 is absolute crap.... personally I will be waiting for BF3
m
l
May 9, 2011 6:33:03 PM

must be just me then since cyrsis 1 doesn't even get up more than a few c above idle temps.
m
l
May 9, 2011 6:34:51 PM

tested a little while ago with idle of 40c and runtime of crysis warhead at full with temp of 46c
m
l
May 10, 2011 6:23:37 PM

The best video games are mentioned below.
1. Crysis : Cyris is the a lot of technologically avant-garde bold at this time. Just to play this freaking bold the clear agenda to run is at bald minimum four-hundred dollars.
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Call of Duty
4Super Mario 64
5. Grand Theft Auto IV
m
l
May 10, 2011 8:43:54 PM

^^^ :lol:  yeah right we are talking the "best graphics" game and by today standards your list is obsolete with the exception of crysis, those games may have looked good for their time but I thought we were talking best to date...
m
l
May 10, 2011 9:28:44 PM

55Range said:
lol !
Crysis 2 is really not demanding when compared to crysis 1 and metro 2033. !
And abt avg temps- 70 !. Not right, gpu type dependent.

Actually the game is fairly GPU demanding fairly heavy if your using an older processor such as an AMD Athlon X2 250 ^.^ still can run hardcore settings without frame loss and have a base temp of 58c since XFX gave me permission to mod the cooling system without voiding warrenty.
m
l
May 11, 2011 2:15:19 AM

TitusFFX said:
tested a little while ago with idle of 40c and runtime of crysis warhead at full with temp of 46c

46c at full load??? :o  :o  mine reaches nearly 80c at full load......
m
l
May 11, 2011 2:25:42 AM

oh that's b/c I locked my fan speed at 89% speed on the gpu and also use a external usb fan that actually fits perfect as a slot cooler that overs the gpu exhaust and the other 3 empty slots. It's the thermal take one.

This one...
http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?313804_g10e

Works well to put it on high if you feel a lot of heat or if you dont' have top exhaust vents on your case. In most cases i just turn it just before you can hear it over the other fans. Oh btw, I use a NZXT Tempest version 1 so plenty of ventilation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk2dTkTYeQ4
m
l
May 11, 2011 3:18:55 AM

TitusFFX said:
Actually the game is fairly GPU demanding fairly heavy if your using an older processor such as an AMD Athlon X2 250 ^.^ still can run hardcore settings without frame loss and have a base temp of 58c since XFX gave me permission to mod the cooling system without voiding warrenty.

Technically, any modern game is a heavy hitter when you are trying to run it on cheap/obsolete/outdated technology.
m
l
May 11, 2011 3:47:41 AM

oh and for as cheap yeah i didn't pay a lot but still can play any game on the market for about 100.00 card and dont' have to water cool as long as you know how to control air flow ^.^
m
l
May 12, 2011 6:00:06 PM

+1 for Dirt 2. Many people are giving FPS games a lot of kudos, but from pure graphics perspective, Dirt 2 is a very very very very graphically beautiful game.

Even if you aren't into racing games, you can't deny the quality of gfx. Especially since it predates most of the games mentioned in this thread.
m
l
May 12, 2011 6:02:56 PM

It also seems people are confusing 'demanding' with 'best graphics'. Just because Crysis 2 isn't as demanding as Crysis 1, doesn't mean it can't look better.
m
l
May 12, 2011 7:30:30 PM

Batman Arkham - good graphics.

GTA series - good graphics

of course crysis, metro area all in there, but the above two ones are really pleasing.
m
l
May 12, 2011 7:35:40 PM

cnox said:
It also seems people are confusing 'demanding' with 'best graphics'. Just because Crysis 2 isn't as demanding as Crysis 1, doesn't mean it can't look better.

crysis 1 looks way better than crysis 2 are you on crack!? crysis 2 is dumbed down dx9 crap
m
l
May 12, 2011 7:38:12 PM

cnox said:
+1 for Dirt 2. Many people are giving FPS games a lot of kudos, but from pure graphics perspective, Dirt 2 is a very very very very graphically beautiful game.

Even if you aren't into racing games, you can't deny the quality of gfx. Especially since it predates most of the games mentioned in this thread.

it does really look good, and the only dx11 implementation is the water I believe, none-the less still a great looking game
m
l
May 12, 2011 7:47:53 PM

jjb8675309 said:
crysis 1 looks way better than crysis 2 are you on crack!? crysis 2 is dumbed down dx9 crap

+100000000

The truth hurts!

Oh wait, there will be a DX11 at launch, oh wait its past launch. But Crytec said there would be a DX11 patch, oh wait, its been near 2 months and nothing.

Yeah Crysis 2 has the best graphics ever!
m
l
May 13, 2011 6:46:08 PM

Why do you put words in my mouth? I didn't make a claim that Crysis 1 looks better than Crysis 2, I made the claim that a more demanding game doesn't mean that it looks better than a less demanding one. Microsoft Flight Sim X is VERY demanding, but looks like garbage. It's all in the coding. From a Cry1 vs. Cry2 perspective, one would assume that they've made some optimizations over the years that Cry2 can be made to look as good or better than Cry1 yet be less demanding. hardware is more efficient, utilizing tessellation to present more polygons on demand instead of fixed poly counts, multi-threaded enhancements of DX11 are examples where games can be made to look and feel better without causing increased demand on the system. It's about optimization and good code.

I think the prevailing opinion about Crysis 1 is that it's kinda a pig of a software package. Over time, optimizations can be made to do the same work with less bloat.

You should let them (if they ever do) come out with the full PC texture package and DX 11 effects before passing final judgment. Until then it's a game that's built to look consistent between platforms.
m
l
May 14, 2011 2:02:24 AM

I think the prevailing opinion about Crysis 1 is that it's kinda a pig of a software package. Over time, optimizations can be made to do the same work with less bloat. said:
I think the prevailing opinion about Crysis 1 is that it's kinda a pig of a software package. Over time, optimizations can be made to do the same work with less bloat.

what? bloat!? cut the number of trees in half perhaps?

the people who thought that crysis 1 was "unoptimized" just don't get pc game graphics in whatever context possible (scale, physics effects, lighting etc.).

the first crysis was just hardware bottlenecked, too far ahead of it's time. (the fact that the performance does increase with each generation of hardware is a clear evidence of that).

what we get is cryengine3 where there're no chicken or sharks to play with.
m
l
May 22, 2011 11:00:35 PM

wh3resmycar said:
what? bloat!? cut the number of trees in half perhaps?

the people who thought that crysis 1 was "unoptimized" just don't get pc game graphics in whatever context possible (scale, physics effects, lighting etc.).

the first crysis was just hardware bottlenecked, too far ahead of it's time. (the fact that the performance does increase with each generation of hardware is a clear evidence of that).

what we get is cryengine3 where there're no chicken or sharks to play with.

Crysis 1 was unoptimized because it was passed through a dx9 to dx10 converter and wasn't coded directly for directx10.
You could make chickens and sharks but Crytek just didn't include these in Crysis 2.
m
l
May 22, 2011 11:31:08 PM

TitusFFX said:
oh yeah here is a temp screen shot after runing for about 30-40 mintues http://tinypic.com/r/11sck2a/7

isnt that 46* a current temp not a max temp? i cant read it but temps fall once you exit a game and leave it in the tray so your conclusion might not hold any water.
m
l
May 23, 2011 1:29:06 AM

just saying it's an older game and it's not intensive anymore than oblivion or GTA IV if your equiptment exceeds specifications of the game. After all crysis 1 wasn't really optimized all that much till they finally released a patch to better suit video cards now a days. Got to also keep in mind larger your video card the more heat it normally generates especially if you overclock it. Currently mine is left stock clocks however clocked the fan at 90% via CCC 11.5 and use a secondary fan to push as an exhaust to further keep the temps down.
m
l
May 23, 2011 1:30:57 AM

^ well isnt that cute...
m
l
May 23, 2011 1:31:26 AM

Oh yeah that reminds me of Call of Duty Black Ops during inital release it was heavily unstable do to it wasn't put togeather right >.> I think I was getting about 15-20fps and now that it's patched correctly frames jumped about 5-6 times better.
m
l
May 23, 2011 1:38:50 AM

Black OPS is a cartoon/arcade shooter it is crap, I suggest that you play a real FPS like BFBC2. I have had no reason to buy any COD game after COD4 and after playing Battlefield I have never returned to COD
m
l
May 23, 2011 2:09:46 AM

Have played a lot of them just like to play a little of everything, like to live outside the box of a single style ^.^ I play stradigy, rpg, fps, racing, and whatever else I feel like and yes I've played and finished Bad Company 2. Was just pointing out a major flaw is all that caused more stress than it should.
m
l
!