Why I'm not getting all the graphics features like

Hello,Why I'm not getting all the graphics features like water quality in gta iv.
My PC specs are ::
-Intel(R)Pentium(R)D 3.00Ghz
-2 GB RAM
-Nvidia Palit Geforce 210 (1Gb)Video Card
-Samsung Sync Master 798MBplus(1024*768
-1 TB Hard Disk
-100Mbps Internet Speed
-Windows XP SP-3
34 answers Last reply
More about graphics features like
  1. i think that is cause your computer cannot handle it .. for gta 4 to run smoothly and fast you need a decent graphics card and a quad core from what i have heard
  2. I believe GTAIV actively disables graphic settings that it detects would be poor to run on the system. I think this is based on your system RAM and GPU performance.
  3. Your graphics card is not powerful enough and won't support all the latest features.
  4. Windows XP is DX9 only, upgrade your OS for latest DX10 features (dunno if gta is a DX9 or 10 title)

graphics card is not powerful enough

cpu is only single core 3ghz, not powerful enough

fraid its a no go
  5. But my CPU is double core ................................
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) D 925+
    And Secondly i play the game with no lags on maximized settings............. :sweat:
  6. GTA IV? No lag on maximum settings with that setup?

No way Jose.
  7. blackcat67854 said:
    But my CPU is double core ................................
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) D 925+

It is an old dual core CPU.

It will get ripped by the "newer" Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz CPU from 2006. Even that is considered old and weak compared what's available now.
  8. Should I switch to Intel Core i3 or i5.......
  9. Go for i5-760 at least, i7 if you have the budget though. You'll need a new motherboard (socket 1156 or 1366), and DDR3 memory too. And if you want to make the most of any of todays games a better graphic card, something like a Geforce 470 or Radeon 6850.
  10. Thanks for your help but i have already found a solution ::
    I went to the store, bought windows 7 ultimate and then installed it......
    Then I installed my graphics card driver.....and then the anti virus.....
    After that I installed my internet connection...and then installed GTA IV.......
    After completing the installation I registered the game and then updated the game to patch 1.0.3.0 and then updated my windows.......
    After all this process i updated my nvidia graphics card......(physx,cuda,and the driver)....!!!!
    After all this long process I started to play the game and I got the whole feature like water quality and everything................!!!
    I was very amazed....by this..... :o
    Conclusion :::
    -Windows 7 have directx 11,and hopefully my graphics card supports dx11.
    -my graphics card driver was updated...
    -GTA IV Patch 1.0.3.0
    -I saved my $599.... :bounce:
    -my game is running very fast without lag...and the graphics is awesome...but i m thinking to increase my ram memory because windows 7 uses a lot of ram memory.....and my computer rating is 6.8 :hello: :sol: :ange: :D
  11. 6.8!!!!
    Your computer has a 6.8 rating!!!
    WOW! i have a 8400 GS ( pretty lame , I know! ) 4 GB DDR2 RAM and Intel C2D E7500, and i have a rating of just 3.4 !!!
  12. I'm calling BS on that one. There is NO WAY you can get a 6.8 rating with a GeForce 210. And no, it doesn't support DX11.
  13. Herr_Koos said:
    I'm calling BS on that one. There is NO WAY you can get a 6.8 rating with a GeForce 210. And no, it doesn't support DX11.

I'll have to agree with Herr here, no way you get a 6.8 rating.
    Give us a screenshot of it to make us believe
  14. Here Goes The Screen Shot :::::::: !!!!!!!!

This a simple blog created by me.......
    If you still do not believe me I will upload a video of my PC in Youtube.....
    To view this image please remove on the starting and at the end..
  15. I'm thinking to buy a DELL XPS 14 Laptop
    Is it good and it also fits in my budget.....
    PLease Help Is It Good

I'm fed up with my PC....Its too old and I want to run with the latest technology................
  16. blackcat67854 said:
    Here Goes The Screen Shot :::::::: !!!!!!!!

This a simple blog created by me.......
    If you still do not believe me I will upload a video of my PC in Youtube.....
    To view this image please remove on the starting and at the end..

Okay, now I believe you.
  17. Then that can't be a Geforce 210. What are the individual scores?
  18. You can edit it with the xml file ? Wow !
  19. Quote:
    tell me you didn't edit the xml file? A person can give yourself all 9s with a P4 and integrated graphics lol

I thought , 7.9 was the maximum. Is this right ?
  20. Gman450 said:
    I thought , 7.9 was the maximum. Is this right ?

7.9 is the max.
  21. Quote:
    who said 7.9 is the max? You can make 9 the max if you want. Or 10. Its just text

Ha. I like to turn it up to 11!
  22. Quote:
    who said 7.9 is the max? You can make 9 the max if you want. Or 10. Its just text

7.9 is the max you can get without cheating.
  23. Here Goes My Game Play ::::::::::: Watch IT !!!!!!!!!!! Of GTA IV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0il5iBRDAY
  24. I saw the video,
    What did you record with ? It seems quite laggy...
  25. It's laggy because the game is lagging...
  26. Its the camera fault...the video is appearing black and too crapy......
  27. Nice slide show.

The GT 210 is not a gaming card at all, it's going to have problems with any modern 3d game, even at that low a resolution.
  28. benski said:
    Nice slide show.

:lol:
  29. I have uploaded a new video of my Grand Theft Auto IV Game Play....................
    This time I used Camtasia Studio so please don't tell me about lags............
    Please Please And Please Watch The Whole Video.......Its better than the previous
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrMSEBaZ4NI
  30. What's the video supposed to tell us?
  31. Why are we all feeding the troll?

I for one am not believing the screens ...... please go download a free version of 3dmarkvantage and post a link to the results after you run it. Also a screen of it would be nice. The 210 isnt running anything at max or for that matter low settings.

P.S Updating your drivers isnt going to turn you 210 into a 4 or 5 series nvidia card. Also your computer doesnt even have the recomended RAM to install windows 7.

Also to further call B.S you saved $599 by not upgrading your computer but you went to the store and bought windows 7 ultimate to install ......... last i checked at a retail store windows 7 ultimate is selling for upwards of $250-300
  32. blackcat67854 said:
    I have uploaded a new video of my Grand Theft Auto IV Game Play....................
    This time I used Camtasia Studio so please don't tell me about lags............
    Please Please And Please Watch The Whole Video.......Its better than the previous
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrMSEBaZ4NI

Rofl "its like when an F1 car turns into a snail"
  33. Sorry....I should have checked my video... :(
  34. As U Wish......i have started downloading 3dmarkvantage...it will take approx 1 hr,25 mins.......................
    Please Don't laugh :D because the file size is 413 MB...........
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Graphics Video Games