Sign in with
Your question

When i play game in my pc shut down and SMPS won't work

Last response: in Video Games
February 23, 2011 6:47:13 AM

When i play game like Mafia-2 or world in conflict my pc shut down and it won't restart.
My PC config fulfill all the requirements of these games needed to play.
I have include 3 extra fans for that which gets power from smps and also the graphic card gets power from smps.

plz help me (I've change 2 SMPS 250w)

Current Specs:

Cpu: AMD Q9950 Quad Core Black Edition

Mainbord: Asus M3a78 Eh

Graphic Card : Zotac Nvidia 9800gt 1 GB DDR3

Ram 2 Gb DDR2

HDD: 500GB Sata

SMPS 700w Mron

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate

Please suggest any help in this matter.

February 23, 2011 8:38:48 AM

Can you play for a while or does it immediately shut down when you start a game ??

Can you download coretemp program and report your CPU temps here ??

Also what do you mean when u say "I've change 2 SMPS 250w" ??
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2011 11:23:54 AM

Like noble said, let us know what your CPU and GPU temps are. It sounds like it may be overheating. If you can run those games with the side cover removed from your computer, then it is most likely a heat issue.

Also, I've never heard of SMPS. It is probably a cheap power supply. Try exchaning it with something better from OCZ, Corsair, or Seasonic.
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2011 4:33:18 AM

noble said:
Can you play for a while or does it immediately shut down when you start a game ??

Can you download coretemp program and report your CPU temps here ??

Also what do you mean when u say "I've change 2 SMPS 250w" ??

Well i play game and after half n hour pc shut down and won't restart and i have to replace my smps with new one. I am taking to expert who can resolve this but i need help in one thing that what i do because this happens 3-4 times with me. I blowed up two psu while playing world in conflict which is of 250 watts and now 700w(Mron). So what do you suggest that i purchase to make it work currently. If you need any information please reply me. Sorry for my bad english. Thanks anyway.
m
l
February 24, 2011 5:12:55 AM

250 watt PSU for your config is very low and it makes sense that you blew those out.

Now if you have bought a 700w PSU and that has been blown as well then I would suggest as hawkeye said you get a high quality power supply.

Anything he mentions in terms of brand would be great (i suggest something around of 500 watts) and even if they seem expensive they do justify their price point in terms of reliability and long term performance.

Quality PSUs are usually heavy to hold (much heavier than crappy ones) and also more energy efficient (80%+).

m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2011 11:04:05 AM

Also, you may want to take a mutimeter to the outlet you have your PC plugged into and make sure the power is stable at 120v. If you get a lot of brownouts or blackouts in your area you may need to get a UPS, preferably one that has a built in line conditionor.
m
l
February 25, 2011 6:08:22 PM

Sounds like cheap PSU's or overheating. I would definately invest in a good PSU. OCZ is a great choice or take it to someone who can run diagnostics on it to find the issue. it would be better to know sooner rather than later if it's an over-heat issue it could save you from losing the Proc.
m
l
!