Toca race driver 3 on windows 7 must read

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Ok. so i have heard that people have had a fare bit of trouble getting toca race driver to work on windows 7 but that damn starforce wont let you. well for thoughs of you i am here to help. lets get straight into it, first open device manager then click the view tab, then click on show hidden devices. then scroll down till you find the starforce driver, then uninstall it then come back to this page. then go to my computer then go to c drive/windows/system32/drivers. then look for a trio of files called sfdrv01.sys, sfhlp02.sys,sfsync02.sys and then delete them. the numbers may be different, e.g sfhlp03 instead of 02. but delete them all. then open run, then type regedit. then click the edit tab and click on find, searc for the phrases, sfdrv, sfhlp and sfsync. they will most likely all come up in the same area. delete them all, the actual folder is best. then download d3dx9_27.dll and place this in the folder c/windows/system not system32 just system. and thats it enjoy. any more questions just post your question here and ill get back tp you. and yea it is a boring process but its worth it. since ihepled you out can someone please give me a link for a recording software and ill upload to youtube and show you it running and what to do if you are lost with how to do this.

cyberrider1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011

I found six StarForce drivers in Device Manager all with different suffixes? Do they all have to be uninstalled because a reboot is necessary for each uninstall..

cyberrider1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
10-13-2011
Uninstalled all six of the StarForce drivers. Before going any further I decided to look for the d3dx9_27.dll download. Good luck with that one. It seems to be related to DirectX 9. But go to Microsoft and try to find it. Everything is listed as DirectX End-Users Runtimes with dates. Who know which one contains the afore mentioned d3dx9_27.dll ? There are other bogus sites that want to sell repairs or scan the PC but no downloads.

cyberrider1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
10-14-2011
I downloaded DirectX 9 from Microsoft website (I already had DirectX 11). I have deleted everything Wonder44 recommended. I have found d3dx9_27.dll in a folder named "Typed URLs". It is unmoveable from that folder.

I still keep getting the same messages. TO INSTALL THE APP, YOU MUST HAVE ADMINSTRATOR PRIVILEGES. (I do, and the game is already installed damnit!) APP INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY. REBOOT THE COMPUTER TO COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION. (Been there, done that. Nothing.) When I attempt to open with AUTOPLAY, nothing happens.

All I can guess is that Wonder44 doesn't know what he's talking about. I recommend that anyone that follows his advice had better create a restore point before proceeding.

raulieg

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hi and followed all the steps, but I can not even start the play. I have Win 7 Professional. In the log I found two folders LEGACY_SFDRV01 LEGACY_SFHLP02 but I can not delete them (the other I found if I could) when I run the game an error "system of protection: The application is to install Correctly. To complete installation must be restarted" restart and nothing . Thanks for your help

Kyle891

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

I get the same message when I try play the game. If I run the game as administrator and reboot then the computer won't boot up properly and windows has to repair something in order to get it working again but then this repair then takes the game off and the whole process starts again... Fml. Any luck sorting your problem out?

PunkaWallaTim

Honorable
May 21, 2013
I tried all of the above methods and some more from the internet, but none of them worked for me. This solution may save you a bit of time.

First thing to do if you are having problems installing TOCA RD3 in Windows 7 is to follow this link to onlinesecurity-on.com http:// and update the StarForce Copy Protection driver. Run the program and follow any instructions that are prompted. The problem you had should now be over. Enjoy