drle81

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
I have a question. I have Helwett Packard PrintScanCopy 2175, and after I install the drivers I have a files in my startup list:
hpobnz08.exe
hpotdd01.exe
I hate having so many files executing during startup, so I am wondering if those files are needed for HP PSC 2175 to function properly?

I was searching the answer at google and I found some pages related to these files, explaining that these files are a part of a drivers for hp, that can be started manually if needed. I assume that files that are in startup folder can be disabled (deleted) safely?

If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes...

bjpatrick

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004
Can you right click on the icon over by the time and select properties? Then try to find a menu that will let you disable on startup.

drle81

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
Well, since it is in the startup folder there is no disabling option. You can simple delete the file to prevent from starting with system. I am asking myself, can the HP psc 2175 work normally without these files starting when system boots up.

If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes...

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Have you tried to disable the items by using a Selective Startup ... in msconfig? See what happens ... just uncheck the files as a Selective Startup and reboot ... (say ok at the prompt)

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

drle81

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
Yes, I did.

It seems, it is working fine.
Hope I will not have problems...

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
I've been running a selective startup for 2 years without problems ... it's my defense from prgms that try to automatically put themselves in the startup group ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>