AZ-11E and LogoGenie (how do I restore the bios?)

G

I recently bought an FIC AZ-11E Socket A board with Award bios. The utility disk came with a utility called LogoGenie, which permits you to place a custom logo as your startup screen, as the hardware setup posts. I installed this software, with the goal in find of REMOVING the existing image, so I can see the comp post (I'm paranoid =) ). Logogenie proceeded to reload my comp, apparently backup my bios and HANG. it was hung for approximately one hour. After following NUMEROUS guidelines on how to restore my bios on this board I had no success; I went out and bought another one, same board, until I could get to the retailer I had bought the previous one from. the board booted, and APPARENTLY the LogoGenie process hadn't completed, as it did the same to this board too. The AZ-11E has no apparent boot block jumper, nor does removing the battery and using the CMOS jumper. There are no ISA slots, so I can see NOTHING. I connect a floppy, and it nothing is read by the board... folks.. I need some serious guidance.

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
As a heads up, it is very important to disable the BIOS Guardian (In Advanced) from the CMOS setup screen BEFORE you flash the BIOS.

Also make sure your boot disk doesn't load ANY device drivers or TSR's!!! (Autoexec.bat and config.sys should be empty) when flashing a new BIOS.

To Clear the CMOS unplug the system and move the jumper (next to the battery) from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 for 2 seconds (BUT NO LONGER), then move the jumper back to pins 1-2 and plug the system back in. NOTE: The battery should not be removed to perform this as it needs the power to perform the short. When you apply power, be sure to HOLD down the Delete key to enter BIOS.

Good Luck
Steve Benoit

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by stable on 02/19/01 03:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>