Problems with HP DesignJet 500

Last response: in Computer Brands
April 14, 2005 11:57:01 AM

Hello,
We have a really wierd problem w/ our DJ 500 running on XP Pro, SP2.

With no printer installed, we boot XP. XP installs the printer driver
and we can print all day long.

If we power the computer off/on, the DJ 500 is still installed but it
will not print anything. Ever. Print jobs hit the queue and disappear
almost immediately. We get no errors in the system Event Log. The
printer reports no errors.

The only way we get back to printing is to uninstall the driver,
reboot, let XP find/install the printer again, then we can print fine
until we have to reboot the machine.

Really odd, annoying behavior.

Anyone experienced anything similar? I've downloaded the drivers from
HP and the same behavior persists.

More about : problems designjet 500

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 9:12:28 PM

Is the DesignJet connected directly to the computer or via an external JetDirect
box??? Look at the printer properties in Control Panel. HP printer drivers are
more cantankerous than the DesignJets, which usually work very well once set up,
configured, and with paper roll installed properly... Ben Myers

On 14 Apr 2005 07:57:01 -0700, rushaustin@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello,
>We have a really wierd problem w/ our DJ 500 running on XP Pro, SP2.
>
>With no printer installed, we boot XP. XP installs the printer driver
>and we can print all day long.
>
>If we power the computer off/on, the DJ 500 is still installed but it
>will not print anything. Ever. Print jobs hit the queue and disappear
>almost immediately. We get no errors in the system Event Log. The
>printer reports no errors.
>
>The only way we get back to printing is to uninstall the driver,
>reboot, let XP find/install the printer again, then we can print fine
>until we have to reboot the machine.
>
>Really odd, annoying behavior.
>
>Anyone experienced anything similar? I've downloaded the drivers from
>HP and the same behavior persists.

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 9:23:56 AM

The DesignJet 500 is connected directly to his PC.
!