Rift: Planes of Telara

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Is anyone playing Rift since it's head-start release yesterday? If so, I would like to know what your Rig specs are and what type of frames you were getting. My info is listed in my sig and I was not even cranked to full settings and only getting about 54 FPS average throughout the game. Seems that this game is a resource hog but that is well justified with the fantastic graphics.

So far, this game is completely legit, in a lot of ways it is similar to WOW but much better on so many levels which i will name below:

1. Graphics are about 20 x better than WOW
2. Interface is more customizable
3. Rift system is great as you can automatically join the public group fighting the rift
4. It is not insanely easy to level
5. Class customization is unmatched from any MMORPG i have ever played.
6. Etc... (still much to learn)

Jazzmain

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I've been playing the beta and it's definitely a nice change of pace. I really like the Soul and tree section for your character. That will really make your character unique.

Axelion

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have intel core 2 quad q9550 clocked at 3.4Ghz, GTX 570, and Corsair Force SSD. Fps average is about 53-56 in High settings(default) inside town. The game is not optimized well because it only uses 80% of my GPU. It could be faster. FPS dropped around 35-45 during invasion but still playable. Outside town I get 65-80 fps.
What settings are you using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQMPQkrhBxU
About 50fps average there.

fencer55

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
I pre-ordered 2/27/11 and spent all day yesterday playing. What a cool game! The graphics are gorgeous and the game is stunningly beautiful. Granted, many things remind of Wow, but as previously stated 20 times better. The gameplay starts off very linear, I hope it won't stay that way at higher levels, but for now, the rifts are really fun to battle and joining public groups means you don't spend hours finding a group. I can see the hand of mythic in this game, in fact, I was told many people defected from Mythic to go to work for Trion.

As far as how it plays, I have a Phenom II X4 940 BE overclocked to 3.5ghz and an ATI Radeon HD 4870 and I'm getting 60 FPS on high settings and 40FPS on Ultra-high. Not bad, very playable and did I tell you its really cool looking?

Jazzmain

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

I <3 Mythic!

Man do I miss DAoC and my gank guild >=D