Question about metro 2033

williammeis

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
So I downloaded the Metro 2033 demo and it tells me my drivers aren't up to date. I installed all the stuff they wanted except physx because it's an old version. Long story short couldn't get the damn thing to run and it kept freezing my computer up. I finally got it to run after fiddling with the files and it freezes when I try to select DX11, so I go with DX9 and very high settings. Play for abour 1 minute and it freezes, all 3-4 times it freezes and now I get BSOD. Wtf is wrong with this game? Or is it me?

I know I have the horsepower, I have a i5 2500k, 8GB ram and SLI GTX 560Ti

wannaturnuptheheat

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
I installed all the stuff they wanted

I'll assume you mean you installed the new drivers? And if so, were you sure to make sure that you ran Drivesweeper to completely uninstall the old drivers?

If you DID install new drivers, could you try playing some of your other games (if any) and see if they have issues? If they also end up being messed up somehow, it may be driver conflicts. If they run like they did before, I must say I'm stumped.

williammeis

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010

Brand new PC gamer, don't have any other games. I do have some demos and Batman Arkham Asylum works fine, Crysis likes to randomly shut down on me as well.

I installed driver 266.66 i think it is for my GPU's, selected SLI and CPU for physX. But in the Metro 2033 demo download (keep in mind it's the demo) it has some files like physX and Directx, I tried to install them but they said I had newer versions than the one's I was trying to install.

I'll try drivesweeper out and see what I can figure out. PC gaming is a pain in the ass lol. Oh but the Nvidia tech demos: rock man, super sled and unimark work fine as well. Couldn't get the aliens one to even load up.

williammeis

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
well update is I deleted Crysis and Batman and now everything works just fine. Metro 2033 still says that my drivers aren't up to date when I load but it works now. I can do everything in 1080P, very high with 4xAA and 4xAF and it's silky smooth.