strange problem

I have a netgear wireless pc card (wag511). It works beautifully in my
emachines 5305 laptop until I unplug the power cord to the laptop. At
this point all seems ok but it actually looses connection or is very
slow. If I plug the power back in all is fine again. But if I want to
stay on battery then I have to either put the laptop to sleep or
restart and then it works fine on battery. I have had this problem
since I got this card.

Any help greatly appreciated.

--
Corona

Have you checked the Power Saving settings for the adapter in device
manager. It can be configured to stay
on all the time or go to sleep now and then when on battery