Sign in with
Your question

Ps2 failing to play games

Last response: in Video Games
February 28, 2011 1:49:32 PM

Hello,
my 8 year old son accidently dropped his slimline ps2 station on the floor well actually it is a 14inch drop onto a carpet. Now it will not play any games it comes up with the message 'cannot read data' i do not think the disc is spinning inside im not sure if it is suppose to as im not good with things like this.

More about : ps2 failing play games

March 1, 2011 6:12:57 AM

Looks like it's time for him to learn the lesson of picking up gets u a new ps2 in a week. Sry best luck. Try to find a "mom n pop" game store that does game repair. Either yellow pages or google local.
a b î Playstation
March 1, 2011 11:15:19 AM

If you have a local gamestop, you can get refurbed PS2's pretty cheap these days.
Related resources
March 1, 2011 1:31:57 PM

thanks both for your replies i have looked further inside and the disc does go round i think the laser eye may not be reading the disc, maybe come out of place, unfortunately i live in turkey so will have to try and search for a person who may be able to repair it. I originally bought this in the UK as they are so much cheaper than here in Turkey.
a b î Playstation
March 1, 2011 1:47:47 PM

Do they sell CD/DVD lens cleaning disks there? It looks like an ordinary CD/DVD, but it has little brushes on it that brush dust/debris off the lens. Of course if the lens is misaligned due to extreme heat/cold or some other reason, then cleaning the lens will not fix the problem.

Good luck!
!