Crysis Sandbox2 not installing?

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Hey guys, Ive been trying to download the crysis sandbox 2 editor for a while now but its just not working. Ive been going to "my computer" and right clicing the Crysis cd in my D: drive, I clicked "explore" then found the sandbox2 file and tried to install it and every time half way through the installation its comes up with this error message
"Error 1310. Error writing to file; C:\program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Editor.exe.
Verify that you have access to that directory." and it has the options "Abort" "Retry" and "Cancel" and every time I click "Retry" it comes up with the same thing and I eventually have to "Cancel". Ive followed the file path that it mentioned all the way down to "Bin32" but there is no "Editor.exe" Im thinking that that might be the problem but I really have no idea what to do, I need help. Any solutions?

Thanks

Try turning off the UAC from control panel. It will work.
Sorry for a late reply!

To turn off UAC
* Click on Start.
* Click Control Panel.
* Click User Accounts.
* Click the Turn user account control on or off option.
* Click continue on the UAC popup
* Uncheck the box next to Use user account control (UAC) to help
protect my computer.
* Click OK.
* Once this is done, you will be able to run the Sandbox2 Editor

THIS can be done if you have win7 or win Vista

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Well that worked, but only half way, It installed all the way but when I clicked the "Editor.exe" it comes up with this message "Unable to locate component. This application has failed to start because ijl15.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." But re-installing doesn't, and then Windows come up with a message saying "Crysis Sandbox 2 editor has stopped working... searching for solution." then it informs me it cant find one. What to do now?

TRENDING THREADS