Sign in with
Your question

How can I take screen shots in Win XP and games?

Last response: in Windows XP
February 14, 2005 8:02:40 AM

Just wanted to know how I can take screenshots of games and Win XP.
What kind of software should I use?
Any freeware?
Should I think of anything particular when doing it (to make it as good as possible)?

More about : screen shots win games

February 14, 2005 9:44:39 AM

Depends on the game, sometimes it is the spacebar, or maybe just a mouseclick...

A quick and dirty screenshot is the printscreen key, then open a graphics program, or Word processor, and depress control - V (another way to paste)

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
February 14, 2005 10:55:34 AM

The Print Screen button?

then paste into MSPAINT?

February 14, 2005 11:23:35 AM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Not so sure, or was I not so clear?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
February 14, 2005 10:41:37 PM

Just look in the games key bindings to see what the screenshot key is. Nearly every game out there has a screenshot key.
Use "Print Screen" in windows and paste it into mspaint. I do that all the time for benchmarks :) 

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
February 16, 2005 1:33:15 PM

Head for the Screenhunter home page at http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm .

There is a free version and it works just fine. No adware or spyware involved and it will take screenshots in all kinds of programs.

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>
!