Scanjet 4200C and XP SP2

Hi all.

Anyone using a Scanjet 4200c with XP SP2?
Just installed SP2 and.....you guessed it..... the scanner is no longer
recognised and my system takes for ever to boot up trying to initialize the
scanner.
Worked well before.
The board is an Intel P4-845 with only USB 1.1 ports..

Cheers

On the seventh day, Marc Stanton wrote...

> Hi all.
>
> Anyone using a Scanjet 4200c with XP SP2?
> Just installed SP2 and.....you guessed it..... the scanner is no longer
> recognised and my system takes for ever to boot up trying to initialize the
> scanner.
> Worked well before.
> The board is an Intel P4-845 with only USB 1.1 ports..

try to disable the firewall in the network properties. you'll find it after
some digging.

My friendship is not easily overthrown, one ill turn deserves
another! - Saruman

steven

Hi Marc,

"Marc Stanton" <mks@mksengineering.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> Anyone using a Scanjet 4200c with XP SP2?
> Just installed SP2 and.....you guessed it..... the scanner is no longer
> recognised and my system takes for ever to boot up trying to initialize
> the scanner.
> Worked well before.
> The board is an Intel P4-845 with only USB 1.1 ports..
>
> Cheers

I found mine impossible to setup and keep working. I tried everything and
there's no way I could make it work. From installing the drivers in safe
mode, to removing all other devices connected to the computer and the rest.

Now it's sitting in a drawer and I've hooked up a Canon scanner and have no
problems.
The Canon has much better software and can scan multiple images as separate
files, but is much slower than the HP, even on USB 2.

And I don't use the windows firewall, so that can't have an effect.

From all the reading I've done, this scanner has major problems with windows
XP, and with SP2 it just doesn't work.
Unless HP bring out new drivers and software for it, it's useless and won't
be used.

Steven

Arrgh...

Thanks alot...!
I thought as much. The firewall has nothing to do with it - and since I've
been trying for over a week, I'm giving up.
My call to HP tech support has not been answered , so as far as I'm
concerned HP is on my list of 'what not to buy'.

Thanks for the reply though.............
MS