wireless network dramas!!!

All was well until xp sp2 was down loaded and now i have spent blood sweat
and tears trying to get my 2 computers to communicate but im having no
joy. Im using a netgear DG834G router both systems go online fine but ive
run the wizards on both and not even a sniff of a conection. Anyway of doing
this without the wizard as i managed it easy enough before sp2.

thanks

This may sounds like the dumbest thing but it worked for me on two
networks. Would have never thought it would have solved it but it was
a last ditch effort before I was going to format here at home. I
changed all my machines from the workgroup name 'workgroup' to
something else. I never had a problem with using workgroup till after
SP2 but after changing that everything worked just like before.

--
qball15j
http://forums.speedguide.net

SP2 has a firewall that is probaby hosing you up.......cant tell you
how to turn it off as I refuse to put SP2 on my computers.

"Sean Smith" <atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> All was well until xp sp2 was down loaded and now i have spent blood
sweat
> and tears trying to get my 2 computers to communicate but im
having no
> joy. Im using a netgear DG834G router both systems go online fine
but ive
> run the wizards on both and not even a sniff of a conection. Anyway
of doing
> this without the wizard as i managed it easy enough before sp2.
>
> thanks

"Sean Smith" <atfz96@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>All was well until xp sp2

SP2 turns on the firewall by default, try disabling it...

Check this out,, it explains the firewall.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/3/503c013f-6a9c-4416-8acc-4
fe808d10d98/WF_Tshoot.doc

qball15j wrote:
> This may sounds like the dumbest thing but it worked for me on two
> networks. Would have never thought it would have solved it but it was
> a last ditch effort before I was going to format here at home. I
> changed all my machines from the workgroup name 'workgroup' to
> something else. I never had a problem with using workgroup till after
> SP2 but after changing that everything worked just like before.

This may be why I've never had the problems with SP2 that I'm reading
about. I always change the name of my workgroup...

Did you install the UPDATE FOR SP-2? Also, some Netgear products can
access a certain URL for configuration purposes. Check the site for
details.

Sean Smith wrote:
> All was well until xp sp2 was down loaded and now i have spent blood sweat
> and tears trying to get my 2 computers to communicate but im having no
> joy. Im using a netgear DG834G router both systems go online fine but ive
> run the wizards on both and not even a sniff of a conection. Anyway of doing
> this without the wizard as i managed it easy enough before sp2.
>
> thanks

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:19:28 -0600, in alt.internet.wireless , "Airhead"
<campbell@alliancecable.net> wrote:

>SP2 has a firewall that is probaby hosing you up.......cant tell you
>how to turn it off as I refuse to put SP2 on my computers.

I have SP2 on all three of my PCs without any problems. You do need to make
sure that file/printer sharing is enabled on the F/W.

--
Mark McIntyre