Crysis 2 Multiplayer PC Demo

So what do you think of the Demo???

• AWESOME!!! Will definately pre-order.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it has some room to grow.

• I will probably play the single player, but leave the MP to the way side.

• I love the Press Start when the game loads. Also the dumbed down menus.

• WTF Crytek!? An obvious console port!!

• Passing this up to hail the king on May 3rd.

• Total voters

kiddagoat

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
I downloaded this thing shortly after midnight. I played it for a whole 30 mins and I must say this thing is the epic fail. I told you all a month ago this was going to be a straight port and so far it is.

Other media syndicate communities are saying the original Crysis is better than this sequel.

That is my 2 cents. Just wanting to see what you other PC gamers thing.

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Ive only played it for about 10-15 mins but i reckon i could enjoy it, i need to upgrade my graphics card though which i am doing soon.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I will try it out tonite. Can anyone who has played it comment on the graphics and how its play or your rig? But I have a feeling my rig will be fine. I never really liked the MP in the first 2 so I too will not hold my breath. They should have done some Coop instead of a lame MP.

exzakt

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Played it for an hour. Gameplay is interesting, and IMO a welcome change from the typical call of duty game, even though it is fairly similar. Graphics look very nice considering it is DX9. I have no doubt that the finished product will look much better. The game ran fine in hardcore mode on my HD4870 and 3.2GHz Q6600. Overall I think it's pretty fun.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Graphics look similar to the new COD to me, more like a movie than the first but in some ways less detailed. Not a fan of the 2 demo maps, very small and no vehicles. The game runs in the high 40s in hardcore at 1650x1050 on a q9550 with 2 gtx 465s, but SLI DOES NOT WORK for me, it's only using one card the other one idles down when I join a server.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Game play is ok. Anyone else getting low FPS with ATI cards? I am avg like 45 fps with my rig that can max Crysis 1 8x AA etc 60+fps. The wonderful demo doesnt support CF.

josh1413

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

I have a Core 2 Duo @3.2Ghz with a single Radeon 5870 2GB and I'm running it around 35-60fps with everything set to Advanced.

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Runs fine on my system on Hard-core.

Intel i7 920
6gbs RAM
Nvidia 470GTX

Also the game it self isn't to shabby. I had a fun time playing the demo. Similar to COD but enough of it is new and different to make me interested in maybe taking a crack at buying the full version when its released.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
I tweaked a few settings in CCC. But still am averaging just under 50 FPS on hardcore. It still playable but with my rig it should be completely smooth and its not. I hope they have a driver update. I get the same fps with or without CF enabled

As for game play its not to bad. But I can see it getting boring pretty quick. If you like CoD then this will feel very familiar. But if you like replayability, I don't think the $60 price tag will be worth it. I think I will wait for it to go on sale in Steam, probably just before summer.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
If you have the first one use your old login. When I tried to create an account it said my name was already used so just for the hell of it I tried my old name and password and it worked.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010

There is no enthusiast setting...

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Sorry I meant hardcore, wasn't that in Warhead. I just wish they let you adjust setting and not treat PC's like a console. Oops, thats right its NOT a console port so what am I talking about.

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I still can t get it to work, Every time I login with the demo with my "mycrysis" account it comes up with the message "Logging In" then it goes back to the login page..EVERY TIME! Did anyone else get this problem? I really expected more from Crytek!

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
overall, disappointed. The gameplay was fun but this ported stuff is terrible, dx9, press start to begin, no changing graphic settings, more bugs than MOH and thats saying something. I did play the beta on xbox and I thought that it was better on it which is really sad because I love pc gaming a lot more, pick it up Crytek

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
SO ANNOYING! Though from hearing every one talking about "what a COD clone it is" and "not so good graphics" and "its just a console port" Im starting to feel like Im not really missing anything.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Maybe, just MAYBE, the SP will be awesome. BUt I have a feeling, and what I have heard from the pirates, that it will be nothing special. I really didnt expect much and once I heard it was on the consoles this really isn't that surprising. Its not a bad game, but not even close to the 1st Crysis.

I read on another forum that the demo is doing more damage to Crytek then the leaked version. I thought it was pretty funny and a good summary of Crysis 2!

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I have to say, Crytek is such an awesome company! As for their new game, tried the demo. I liked the direction they're heading. It's no where near COD games BUT, it's strong enough to cather to a fair crowd which, IMO, will make this MP experience a success (unlike the first Crysis). That said, I'm mostly interested in the SP campaign. I loved the graphics and the immersive experience of the first game and from what I've seen, Crysis 2 seems like it'll be a strong competitor for best FPS SP experience of 2011.

PS Good: Graphics are amazing! Runs very smooth as well.

PS Bad: Tried the demo last night. Servers were not launching the games...and it took me about 30 minutes of trying until I got a server that worked. WTF?

Dallas84

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Btw how are you guys able to join the game since when I try to join the game I get connection to host failed. I tried both the servers with pings 0 and servers that has some pings but they don't work. Is there a way I can join a server?

crysis2demosucks

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I’m very disappointed with this demo and the game compared with the first…
Looks good for a DX9 game, yes… but one of the reasons I’ve downloaded the demo was to bench my rig on DX11 and see the cool graphics! Crysis (1) demo have a full configurable settings! 4 years later and we are going backwards. I will download this game free and THEN decide if is worth to buy.
The game has no bench tools, no SP map, no prone (even on SP beta leaked), no lean left or right (a console based decision), running consumes the suit energy…. C’mon! Can’t this guys run without the suit? (Prophet included) Nomad and Psycho run without a problem, but the new generation needs suit assistance… apparently the future soldiers have some problems with their legs muscles…
No in-MP-game weapon config, aiming assistance (for a pc game? Really?), “G” key just selects the grenade but doesn’t throw it, 6vs6 MP maps without vehicles…
What’s up with the names on the graphics configuration? “Gamer, Hardcore and Advanced”?
What happens with “Low, Medium, High and Very High”? Seems like they wants to confuse us.
Straight forward port, sucks hard.