Sign in with
Your question

Anyone else playing Rift?

Last response: in Video Games
March 2, 2011 2:24:02 AM

I'm getting 60-80fps with all details maxed out including AA and AF using the hardware in my signature. This game is visually stunning (from an MMORPG standpoint) and can be as demanding on the hardware as you want to make it, though it runs and looks great even with details turned down. Great in surround sound.

Pretty cool when you start thinking it's an MMORPG and not just running on your desktop. Play is fluid. They did a nice job on this:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?y4t63nx6ozl9o5d

The picture's not as clear as can be, I shrunk it down using the snipping tool so I could export it to JPG for viewing quickly. I don't have any other image conversion software on my machine (any ideas?). It gives you an idea of the graphics though. Great stuff.

Now, the immediate 1.2GHz patch as soon as you sign in I could have done without...

Other than that, great game. Quest after quest after quest. Non-stop. If you don't feel a need for sleep, work, family, etc... this is the game for you. Very addictive out of the chute.

More about : playing rift

March 4, 2011 2:09:51 PM

I'm pllaying. I loved it through the Betas. It's a very solid offering. Launch near perfect.
The engine itself isn't new. It's the engine used by Warhammer online. If you played it or even just took a lookie, you'd be amazed at how similar the game and interface look. That's not a criticism because it does run very smooth on any system.

Ripstream-Lvl 26 Chlor/Lock/Dom on Shadefallen
March 4, 2011 3:33:23 PM

It is cool. I like the non-stop quests. You can grind, but it seems like there are so many quests, you don't have to bore yourself with the grind. You grind while you quest for extra points. I think that's one of the most appealing things about the gameplay.

Off topic... Even though The Fonz is the coolest, you have one of the coolest avatars I've seen.

Cylonzero-Lvl 8 Chlor/Lock/Arch on Silkweb
Related resources
March 5, 2011 11:20:37 AM

If you haven't already go over your achievements list for each zone and complete the unfinished ones. Some of the rewards scale to your level even if you're going back to silverwood at lvl 30
Revove from the list of quoted messages Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message
March 5, 2011 1:21:09 PM

Ripthruster said:
If you haven't already go over your achievements list for each zone and complete the unfinished ones. Some of the rewards scale to your level even if you're going back to silverwood at lvl 30

Cool. Thanks for the tip!
!