FONTS??????

littleberry

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
OK, I installed a CD with a lot of fonts on it (win98se), and they can be used by Notepad and printers, etc. BUT, these new fonts are NOT offered when running a DOS window. WHY?????? When you edit the properties of your DOS box attributes, it offers you a list of FONT SIZES to choose from, but not the fonts themselves. How can I add NEW font sizes (pixel width and pixel height) to the standard list offered by win98se? (same question for win2000 and winXP).

2) When I run notepad against any text file, I can easily choose a new font (style AND size). But, if the file is too big and wordpad (or mswrite) is used instead, then the font shown on the screen DOES NOT change whenever I select a different font size from the taskbar. WHAT GIVES HERE? How can you get wordpad to make the text you see bigger while it is still on the screen so you can read the tiny print?????? Nevermind about being able to print it with a larger font - I want to be able to see the darn text on the screen in a large enough font to be able to at least READ IT!!!!!! littleberry

PatMcGroin

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
the true type fonts that you loaded are used by windows and the fonts used in a dos window are fixed system fonts. In order to enlarge the font in word pad you can high light all of the text and then choose the size that you want. If you want to change the default size of the font you should be able to open wordpad choose and options you want and then choose exit and it will hold the settings. The default will only apply to new documents.

I woke up this morning on the right side of the wrong bed