Sign in with
Your question

EVE Online

Last response: in Video Games
March 2, 2011 1:44:26 PM

I got a couple of questions about EVE Online:

1. Salvaging, I have read a couple of guides on it here and there and peeps mention using 2 separate ships for each task, ex: one to scan out and another to salvage. My question is what if I do both from a destroyer? Am I going to get a better result if they are separate ships?

2. Where do you guys go and salvage? Do you guys go on missions and salvage as you go, or do you scan down other players on missions and follow them cleaning up wrecks?

3. Another question if you had to salvage on one ship in low sec space what kind of configuration would it have? What kind of ship? I use the Caldary race but I can change that on a new account.

Speaking of new account is anyone willing to send me a 21-day invite that might turn into a full account?

More about : eve online

March 2, 2011 2:53:32 PM

That sounds like good advice, thanks.

Keep it coming guys and if you have different strategies please divulge!

Consider me being a noob at salvaging, all the extra info will help.

I will probably start a new account and just research salvaging tech, also any advice on which class of race to pick to give me a head start with the research,all that on top of the top 3 questions I have will help, thanks again.
m
l
March 2, 2011 6:55:30 PM

When I get home I will be able to go on the eve forums but at work it's blocked but will do tonight.

So are there any Toms active players in Eve? I am still looking for 21 day invite?
m
l
Related resources
March 3, 2011 9:24:15 AM

accolite said:
When I get home I will be able to go on the eve forums but at work it's blocked but will do tonight.

So are there any Toms active players in Eve? I am still looking for 21 day invite?

Hey, i've got a 21 day trial available. PM me your email or if you want quicker reply just email me since i get an alert when i get emails, plus i can easily access it at work (not the forums though :( ). My email is prsitestuff [@] yahoo.co.uk (take away the brackets around the @).

Best thing i'd do if i were you find a decent level 4 mission hub (just ask in help channel). And stay based in one system so that its easy for you to dock up at the station. The great things about using a separate ship for probing out other mission runners is that the probe ships are specialized for probing and it will be easier and quicker for you to find them. I would suggest at low probing levels, for you to use a separate ship. It will be easy since you're going to be based in one system so you don't need to fly around that much. Then you can dock up and switch ships and use a destroyer or frigate to salvage.

Overall its a quicker process to do it this way.
m
l
March 3, 2011 4:38:46 PM

Sorry, was kind of wanting a Toms reader that has more than a few threads, plus your e-mail looks questionable? PR?

Anyway, I already started training on the 14 day trial.

Are there any Toms peeps in a corp that I could join, when I mean Toms I mean peeps on this forum that have been here and posted more than just a couple of times?
m
l
March 17, 2011 3:31:32 PM

Best answer selected by accolite.
m
l
!