Crysis 2 Demo SUCKS!

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I can't get the freakin' game to even play anymore. When I join a game, absolutely nothing happens? I waited for 20 minutes and the game never started.
I did get into a game yesterday, but then soon after it said "Your connection has been lost", and I was made to quit. I know that my connection was not lost, and before you ask, yes, my firewall is TURNED OFF.
It doesn't support crossfire either, so instead of using both my 6850s, it only uses one and lags like hell.
The graphics are pretty crap too. Any idea how to get crossfire working? Is anyone else having the same problem as me not being able to enter a game?

fergie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
I was told you can only use xfire/sli in full version and demo is also only dx9. I haven't had any problems playing the demo on hardcore though and get really good fps.

ulerith

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011

I'm having the same issue. I don't get what the hell is up with the crappy game starting system. I can't even join a damn game. I joined one like a few hours ago and it was lagging like crazy.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
My rig can max out Crysis with 8xAA and 16xAF @1080p @ 60fps+ for 90%of that game. But with Crysis 2 I am avg. 45-50 fps, and it is not totally smooth. I think it might be an ATI issue because the people I have talked to that have nvidia seem to be fine. I get the same fps with or without CF. Go go console ports!

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

Same here. Even though I'm getting 35 - 50 FPS it looks like I'm only getting 20, dunno why?? Glad to see I'm not the only one.

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

If you have GTX 480 SLI then you would get good FPS even if it's only using one card. Apparently, the demo does not use SLI or crossfire

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Yeah right now no CF. But I bet they will have a driver fix soon, I hope. But still 1 5870 should be plenty, but lesser nvidia card seem to be giving as good or better performance.

dachomk

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I have play Crysis2 beta single player last week but this edition is out of sense from real story for Crysis, in this edition the combat is more agains humans then aliens and the aliens is just 1 kind only and they looks fu..ing shity
The Crysis2 is disaster like FarCry2, better graphic and gameplay but shity story, worst then older.

v1zzle

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Ok let's not get ahead of ourselves here too much. The demo is not bad, compared to the first Crysis, the graphics aren't that demanding. I'm running a GTX 460 sli setup and I max the settings - so Hardcore I guess- kinda lost when there is only "gamer" "advanced" and "hardcore", so I assume Hardcore is the "highest" of settings, anyhow. I guess in the full game they'll have a bit more detailed graphical setup. If they do not implement SLI/Crossfire setup in the demo then my one lonely 460 does quite the job. I experience no lag, I was really impressed with the graphics of the game. As for joining servers, I don't seem to have problems, maybe ya'll should switch internet provider, lol. And someone mentioned the single player demo. You know where I could find that. Thank you.

Stupido

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I have the same connection issue...
I don't know if it is the provider because on all other games I play (TF2 & BC2) I have ping less than 20ms...

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Crysis 2 better graphix than Crysis 1?????? Maybe less demanding on lower systems, but in no way does it have "better" graphix. Crysis 2 just makes all the textures blurry to hide that fact that there less detailed. I am sure the game looks good from 12 feet away on a 52" screen as played on a console. But 1.5 feet away @ 1920x1080 it definately not a step forward. The graphix are not bad, but they are step backwards from Crysis 1.

klokan

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011

You don't have that problem if you have a slower machine that can't run on high settings :bounce: :kaola:

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I have one Nvidia 470, with an i7 920. The game runs flawless on hardcore settings. I would have to say that the graphics are also a step down from the original Crysis. Its an obvious console port. I actually really did like the multiplayer demo though. I still chose to pre-order Homefront over Crysis 2. The free copy of Metro 2033 helped me in that decision. Which you get on STEAM for pre-ordering it.

Also for all you ATI/AMD fans. I got screwed over by ATI one to may times before. I don't know how many times I had frame rate issues in games, and driver issues with their cards. Never will I go back to ATI, It's just straight garbage. I really don't understand why people still buy ATI/AMD cards. Hey they are "cheaper' than their Nvidia counter-parts, but man they have alot of issues. *cough*cough* Catalyst !

sparky13

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I think everyone is forgetting that the demo and MP was made by Crytek UK (Free Radical), a completely separate studio from Crytek (Germany).

If you look at the videos on youtube that have been posted of the SP campaign, it looks/plays very much like the Crysis of old. I didn't like the demo either but to say the rest of the game will be like this is naive.

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
35-50fps is perfect. Why are you complaining about that. Your LCD can only give you 60fps. Or would you be happier with a 200fps Fraps reading and a laggy as hell game?

I know 35 - 50 FPS is more than enough in most games, but I don't know why, in the Crysis 2 Demo it looks like I'm getting 15 - 25 FPS and it's almost unplayable. And also, I SHOULD be getting more FPS with crossfire 6850s :S

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Personally thought visually , it looked pretty good, and people need to keep in mind that like it was said before this is only the dx 9 version. I think it's fair to say that visually it will probably look better on the final version, and probably won't demand much more, probably won't be more demanding, so if you have a dx11 card(s) you'll probably be getting better visuals with practically no performance hit. As for the demo itself, I thought it was pretty fun, probably not as good as the COD's or BF BFBC series but definitely an improvement over the old MP

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

That a demo (Beta) multiplayer may not have dual/tri/quad GPU support? I wouldn't say it should, but I would enjoy it if a singeplayer demo were to come out after the release of the full game. Even if it were a half an hour, just to know how well it uses dx11 and hits performance.

My single 5770 gets 35-50fps, feels like 24+ which is fine for the most part. I do dislike the slow lumber your character feels though, "Like a tank that can be shot down quick." That being said, the game is easy for me.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I'm starting to enjoy it a little more actually, I was playing the first one last night and realised it's probably better to have separate keys for the suit modes, and I'm getting used to it not defaulting to armor mode. The energy going down quicker while standing still also has some positives, it keeps people from being able to camp in one spot for too long while cloaked and keeps the pace up. Overall I like it enough to buy it, but it's not as good as the first one for me.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
After trying it on both of my computers .....i7920 with 5970 and a 2500k with slied 580's I do not like the graphics/performance. Not only do i HATE the amount of motion blur they use but my fps is garbage at 1920x1080 on all three settings on both computers. Also the hit boxes are awful and the switching to different nano suit options is bad/buggy. After playing the demo I dont think I will be buying it until there are optimizations made. They try but i am not a fan of the current multiplayer :(

Honestly, I have a pair of 5850s and the game runs great at 1080p Hardcore settings. I don't know if CF works or not, both my cards are showing max usage but I accidentally had CF off while recoding one day and to be honest I think my FPS was basically the same.

But you have to know that CF works DEPENDING ON IF AMD MADE A PROFILE FOR IT!!! So because it's still a demo there is not going to be official AMD support yet. Also it's a demo so it's lacking a great many things.

But it is hella fun and still looks great. For all you guys having issues, that sucks, because I was able to record at 1080p and still had perfectly smooth gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJwRcm2mq4

Possessed

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
wow what a fukin crap game multiplayer is boring as fuk cloak run around armour up kill all the nubs !! fuk i was bored after 2 hours playing uninstall battlefield 3 will wipe the floor with this garbage !!!!!! fukin shouldnt have bothered brinigng the console port to the pc it aint going to sell !!!!!! good job crytek ya fuked this game up like far cry 2 got fuked up !!!! even though u didnt make far cry 2 !! epic fail on all levels !!!!!! and 6 v6 mp or maybe 8v8 wtf is this garbage i got a fukin pc not a fukin kids console i want minimum fukin 32 players or 64 like battlefield going to have !! cant believe how badly u fuked this game up and i waited 4 years for this pile of steaming *** !!! unfukinbelivable !!!!!!

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
The MP is starting to grow on me. I am happy for those with mid to lower end systems because you can now run the game and enjoy it.

But for those of us who have more than 1 GPU I sure hope the final game looks better than its console port current state. I have said before that if this was any other game it would be fine, but this is the sequel to "the" Crysis. Yes I know it has to run on the crap consoles, but the Crysis 1 graphics and benchmarking put Crytek on the map. If this is all the Crysis 2 is going to be then they are really tarnishing their image. As it stands there is no way this game is worth $60. I will definitively wait for a steam sale on this. It took less than 1.5 months for Dead Space 2 to come down to its actual value, with any luck 2 months and Crysis 2 will be at its real value.

TRENDING THREADS